• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "I'm so old thread......"

1659031058012.png

Too much sodium in that stuff....
Pedialyte (spell ?) they have adult versions too

Or any type of 'Electrolytes' to quickly replenish from dehydration
many bottled water has it now too

watermelon is full of it too

Pedialyte (spell ?) they have adult versions too

Or any type of 'Electrolytes' to quickly replenish from dehydration
many bottled water has it now too

watermelon is full of it too
The purpose of sodium in Gatorade is to make you thirsty, SO YOU WILL DRINK WATER, it is also an electrolyte. I guess if you're a dried up old fart ( :poke: ) salt might be a problem but Gatorade is pretty well balanced. There's also BodyArmor. Pedialite is also good but not as powerful. Then there's EmergenC, cheap at Wal Damm Mart, you can mix it with water or juice, etc. Someone told me they were in the car with their 90yr old father when he passed out at the wheel.:blah::blah::blah: got off the road safely then the guy ended up at the hospital. The reason for passing out? Dehydration. Could have killed someone let alone himself over something stupid like not drinking enough water. It's possible old farts don't want to drink a lot of water because they might pee themselves...I'd say pissing your pants will be the least of your problems if you pass out at a bad time.

Watermelon juice, great stuff and it's easy to make. Coconut water is also really good as well as celery juice. The first is the cheapest and tastes great.

Watermelon margaritas
:D
Watermelon juice, great stuff and it's easy to make. Coconut water is also really good as well as celery juice. The first is the cheapest and tastes great.

Gatorade is quite well balanced. It was developed originally at the University of Florida for the gators (duh) football team, to give them an edge. The medical school helped develop it. My mother was a PT instructor there at the time and they also had a hand in it.

I drink a lot of propel water. More sugar I think, but better for me than soda. Gatorade also now has g-zero with protein in it (10g per bottle) that's pretty good. Slightly thicker texture but tastes good and nice to have after a mountain bike ride.

Alcohol, caffeine, sugar, tobacco will all make you dehydrated. So you're defeating the purpose.
I'm always drinking water..... and I am also an old fart but I don't have to worry about peeing my *** off either....yet
Gatorade is quite well balanced. It was developed originally at the University of Florida for the gators (duh) football team, to give them an edge. The medical school helped develop it. My mother was a PT instructor there at the time and they also had a hand in it.

I drink a lot of propel water. More sugar I think, but better for me than soda. Gatorade also now has g-zero with protein in it (10g per bottle) that's pretty good. Slightly thicker texture but tastes good and nice to have after a mountain bike ride.
I quit drinking soft drinks years ago. Lost 40 lb by modifying my diet and cutting out the sugary drinks but I'm having a hard time losing 10 more pounds.

It was developed originally at the University of Florida for the gators (duh) football team, to give them an edge.
It's great stuff, I always keep it handy. EmergenC is 8x stronger and I usually have one of those in juice or Gatorade once a day especially if I'm sick or have been sweating a lot. When I'm showing a car I have a tendency to forget to drink enough fluid and when I found out about BodyArmor that really helped keep me from getting too dehydrated.
Gatorade if I'm not mistaken was made to make you thirsty so you'd drink water and the electrolytes helped keep from losing fluid. Drinking water isn't enough. You have to maintain electrolytes.

Auto Transport Service
Back