• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "I'm so old thread......"

Sweating excessively does lead to a loss of salt so I'll drink dill pickle juice. I love dill pickles anyway.
I have no health issues, no high blood pressure either so the extra sodium isn't a problem.

dad told me by picking up the motors it well hurt more later . **** he was right

Anybody remember high school those hard wooden seats in the auditorium that’s how my back feels today

I'm old enough to remember buying 102 octane right out of the pump at our local Skelly station.......for $.55@gal!!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm old enough that the hair in my nose grows faster than the hair on top of my head!!!

I'm old enough to remember when a Sunday paper was only $.45!!!

I'm old enough that I actually used to read a newspaper!!!

I'm old enough to remember having a "party line" for our telephone when I grew up on a farm!!!

I'm old enough to remember that when you found a dollar on the floorboard of your car, you could cruise the loop for a couple of hours.

I'm old enough to remember when Mountain Dew came in a 12 oz glass bottle with an old man runnin away from the outhouse on the back of the bottle!!!!

I AM GEEZER...HEAR ME WHEEZE!!!!! :rofl:

Sweating excessively does lead to a loss of salt so I'll drink dill pickle juice. I love dill pickles anyway.
I have no health issues, no high blood pressure either so the extra sodium isn't a problem.
In my younger days....I used to take a shot of Black Velvet straight with a shot of pickle juice as a backer.......for health reasons you know......:)

Swiss steak for dinner

F4286EF1-A737-453D-8442-F2FFA3590EFD.jpeg

I changed out a master cylinder. I had my son do the engine bay work. While I laid underneath car to do the bleeding. It's easier on my back and body than hunched over engine bay.

It wasn't that long ago I would easily perfered top side vs underneath. Not anymore. Lol.

I changed out a master cylinder. I had my son do the engine bay work. While I laid underneath car to do the bleeding. It's easier on my back and body than hunched over engine bay.

It wasn't that long ago I would easily perfered top side vs underneath. Not anymore. Lol.
Different for me, getting underneath a dash and under a car is tougher for me. Lots a fun bolting up the booster and arranging the pedal linkage laying under the dash (not). Have had the driver’s seat out so many times was thinking of putting wingnuts in. When replacing the BH, was glad I had enough wiring to do it topside. Bypassed heater core couple years ago. Been putting off dealing with the damn heater control valve seal, could be I never will.

With my 2nd neck fusion, seems every damn fix-it job I run into requires stressing the chit out of my neck! Yesterday replacing a water valve for a toilet, oh joy, had to cut off the nut and compression ring, couple weeks ago replacing a kitchen faucet that had been in there since da 50’s, cutting out cabinets to install a dishwasher, cutting out an access hole for plumbing & electrical, installing shelving in a deep-narrow bathroom closet I have to finable my head and only one arm fits into, to locate and drill screws. Only part way done with that friggin job. Oh and yeah, disconnecting and reconnecting plumbing for a 70-year old claw-foot tub two-inches from a radiator. Moving that thing enough to put in a new panel wall. If ya got daughters, still single, suggest you suggest to them not to buy ‘fixer-up’ houses built in 1897 and 1881. In my case, fixer-dad has required ample fixing up by doc’s over the years and don’t know how long I’ll last, lol.

I'll admit to having my wife grab me by the ankles and pulling me back out from under the dash before...:lol:

As an aside though, to complete the OP's statement:
"I'm so old...." that watching relatives and friends pass on before me has gotten intolerable.
Almost gratefully, I can now realize there are but very few of either left alive now, in fact.
I'm so gun-shy about the subject though...pets about gut me when they pass, big name
folks I've met really bother me when they go....

I'm not really sure what my point here is, other than to wonder why the guy who's actually been
flatlined several times (me) remains while the others have mostly gone?

Sorry, I went morbid with this. Please resume jocularity, don't mind me....

Well, my comeback with somebody, when they ask me how I'm doing, is "Well, i woke up alive, again, this morning."
But I'm 70, but not embarrassed to mention in my old age, i consider myself a medical disaster area on my insides.
Coming up on 3 years now, i had a "cow valve" replacement done on my heart, along with 2 by passes on the arteries.
Before that, a few year earlier, i went thru radiation seed implants for prostate cancer.
And i live with a bone marrow, white blood cell, mutation, cancer, disease, whatever you want to call it, named JAK-2 after the Swedish doctor, scientist, that discovered it.
An issue that isn't curable, but livable with, by taking a medication.
But some where down the line, my body, is just going to say, that's it, that's enough, and will be taking me out.
So, what will be first, more heart issues in the future, prostate cancer can come back, or this bone marrow thing?
Dunno, that's life, on top of this planet Earth.
Not complaining, i walk 3 miles a day around the neighborhood, and right now, tonight, i have lost 38 pounds off this old body of mine, from 230 pounds.
These above issues don't bother me, but this old back of mine, sure does give me grief, after bending down, and then trying to get back up.
That what really pisses me off, the bad back.
Well, hope to wake up alive, again tomorrow morning.
Thank's for reading my rant.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Last edited:
No joint pains from banging nails for so long?

No. I have no chronic or everyday pain. Hands, elbows, knees and hips are fine.
I do have a bulged disc in my back that hides most of the time but will flare up a couple times a year. That can often be squashed with Ibuprofen, Flexoril and some rest for 5-7 days.
I take no prescription medications.
It could be genetics, it could be due to lifestyle. I've never been a smoker, I rarely drink and don't use drugs.

Well, my comeback with somebody, when they ask me how I'm doing, is "Well, i woke up alive, again, this morning."
But I'm 70, but not embarrassed to mention in my old age, i consider myself a medical disaster area on my insides.
Coming up on 3 years now, i had a "cow valve" replacement done on my heart, along with 2 by passes on the arteries.
Before that, a few year earlier, i went thru radiation seed implants for prostate cancer.
And i live with a bone marrow, white blood cell, mutation, cancer, disease, whatever you want to call it, named JAK-2 after the Swedish doctor, scientist, that discovered it.
An issue that isn't curable, but livable with, by taking a medication.
But some where down the line, my body, is just going to say, that's it, that's enough, and will be taking me out.
So, what will be first, more heart issues in the future, prostate cancer can come back, or this bone marrow thing?
Dunno, that's life, on top of this planet Earth.
Not complaining, i walk 3 miles a day around the neighborhood, and right now, tonight, i have lost 38 pounds off this old body of mine, from 230 pounds.
These above issues don't bother me, but this old back of mine, sure does give me grief, after bending down, and then getting back up.
That what really pisses me off, the bad back.
Well, hope to wake up alive, again tomorrow morning.
Thank's for reading my rant.
Jim V.
hemi71x
No rant sir! Sometimes you just need to get it off your chest! I hope you wake up everyday for as long as you want! Just take care and be the best you can be for yourself and your family!

Auto Transport Service
Back