• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "I'm so old thread......"

upload_2021-5-18_11-57-51.jpeg

Ed you say that about dad makes me recall I was at an auction with my dad for my wife’s grandparents. My wife’s grandmother spotted me walking behind my dad and noticed we walked the same exact way. As a young stubborn man I thought no way. I went to dads house one day and seen a pair of his boots by the back door, one laying on its side, I noticed his were worn on the outside edge like mine.. 20 years fast forward I’m now the mechanic for the switching locomotives he ran for 36 years .. I love pop and it’s sure strange how genetics work! That’s also where my really hard head comes from.
Well . in 1966 I worked for EJ&E railroad in Gary Indana, have you heard of them. I am getting old , but me is Gold

Halftrackman I have not heard EJ&E line where was that?

ELGIN Joliet and don,t remember the other E , most was in Illinois They did us steel in gary and south side of chicago us steel, also had a hump yard and . round house it was a small railroad. I worked in the store house, but drove a truck to delivery everything I was in the big blizzard in 1967 in the chicago area. I was on Huey and blackhawks also. where are you now. I use to drive new mopar, not the old one nowday Yes i am get old

100_0750 korea.JPG

Last edited:
Dad was in Vietnam , side gunner/ mechanic as well, returned to Granite city steel to run switchers hauling ladles etc. around.

Last edited:
I'm so old that I now use a rake to pull tools etc out from under the car once I'm done fixing it and use a hoe for the stuff the rake leaves behind!
I've been doing that for years. A stiff rake is best for puling jack stands out from under the car!

Auto Transport Service
Back