• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "I'm so old thread......"

I'm so old the dog is prancing around like a pup. I forget and give him his arthritis relief pills twice sometimes three times...lol..

I'm so old I can never remember the name of the stuff on TV that's supposed to help with your...

Sorry forgot what I was trying to say.

Yeah, I’m into yet another job on my truck getting up & down endlessly. Never gets easier even doing it a lot. Well, I’m only 48 years out of HS and 50lbs heavier…go figger.

Yeah, I’m into yet another job on my truck getting up & down endlessly. Never gets easier even doing it a lot. Well, I’m only 48 years out of HS and 50lbs heavier…go figger.
I did an in chassis gear replacement in my diesel in 19. Thought I was going to get some exercise but more like being half dead! And I was only 68 at the time!! At least it was on ramps high enough where I could sit cross legged with the spare tire removed....

I did an in chassis gear replacement in my diesel in 19. Thought I was going to get some exercise but more like being half dead! And I was only 68 at the time!! At least it was on ramps high enough where I could sit cross legged with the spare tire removed....
Had been pondering on getting a lift for nearly 20 years. But back then it wasn’t near as much of a bitch as it is now. So, now I’m thinking of getting one…and a friend says at your age? How long you thinking of doing the crap on cars you’re doing now or being able to keep doing it? WDH? He’s been a very handy sort all his life; but he made a change when he retired…shunning heady labor jobs playing golf 3 times a week and camping when he’s not golfing, lol. Sort of what I envisioned doing 10-20 years ago in retirement. Hasn’t worked out this way! I want to do fix-it stuff, whether on my rides or around the house, and not pay someone to do it.

Yeah, used to like golfing; but isn’t any priority with the all the chit I’m doing. Doesn’t light my fuse, at least yet. Lol, when I think of playing golf, and was a decent player for a time, have too many recollections of the dipshits out there. Guys ahead would take forever to look for their friggin lost golf balls (or hunt for others) while the group behind is trying to play up your ***. **** – if I want this experience I can take a ride on a freeway.

I'm so old, George Washington asked me if the number 13 was an unlucky way to start a country.

I'm so old I was born in the 1st half of the last century. I can remember when we didn't have a tv, phone, or a car and had to share an apartment with relatives. The radio provided the entertainment. Life doesn't get simpler than that. Wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

I'm so old that I just had surgery - and now that I'm outta that hospital, I can't remember what
a single nurse looked like in there....

Ok, I just scared hell out of myself with that realization.

I'm so old :poke:

finally, they are paying me now...

albeit;
I paid way more in, than they pay me

Last edited:
I remember having to get up to change the channel or volume
or tune in a channel on the TV or raidio
or to adjust the rabbit ears, so you could at least sort of make it out
all 4 channels 2, 4, 7 & 13
or that round antenna on the TV for the new UHF channels
36 & 44 (IIRC cartoons & late-night spooky flicks)

awe the good ol' days
when they signed off, end of broadcasting days playing the
'star-spangled banner' :usflag:
real patriotic stuff, unlike today's mass-media/haters

I'd come home, ride my Schwinn 20" bike as fast as I could
& I couldn't wait to watch cartoons, I had heard about, on our 1st TV...

In the ol' Blonde White Oak cabinet, behind doors for our new Zenith (?) 13"
Black & White & a lid on the top of the cabinet
console/tv combo in front, with an AM (FM ?) tuner & hi-fi turntable,
for 45rpm records & 33rpm records inside too
(IIRC it had a 78rpm speed too)

I remember that 1st TV/Stereo (mono ?) cabinet set well...
I know it wasn't cheap either, probably a full month's pay
for what my mother made back then...

My stepdad claimed he hated TV, he wouldn't ever buy one...
Low & behold :D
he'd 'lay on the carpet (Shag/green) right in front of it
& watch it all the time, whenever he was in the house
he was the grand poobah of the TV

I remember seeing my 1st televised Oakland Raiders game
I was in awe...

Last edited:
I remember having to get up to change the channel or volume
or tune in a channel on the TV or raidio
or to adjust the rabbit ears, so you could at least sort of make it out
all 4 channels 2, 4, 7 & 13
or that round antenna on the TV for the new UHF channels
36 & 44 (IIRC cartoons & late-night spooky flicks)

awe the good ol' days
when they signed off, end of broadcasting days playing the
'star-spangled banner' :usflag:
real patriotic stuff, unlike today's mass-media/haters
and the channels were FREE, not like today $140 minum for 300+ channels and we don't watch 275 of them.

db3295c5be02d6dd5a0b7e4f7a6a7d5aba661b05.jpg

I remember when Pontius was a pilot. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back