• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Nats at National Trail Raceway Aug.12-14

Been once years ago but haven't been able to make it since,great show but i won't be there this year either

I live 20 mins away and I have the weekend off. I'll be there, always am

I'll be there in the fun field, good time for sure.

Been there every year going back to the Indy days... however, unable to go past couple of years. How is Brice & Heath these days ?

Been there every year going back to the Indy days... however, unable to go past couple of years. How is Brice & Heath these days ?

Brice is non-existant and a waste of time now thanks to Reynoldsburg police dept. Heath was a lot of fun for the first 3 or 4 years it was there, now Heath police dept. chief retired and new one hates the cruise and is trying to shut it down just like Reynoldsburg did. But then, the Nats itself is dying a slow death too.

Heath is where it's all at these days, brice has gotten seedy and unwelcoming, heath is moderately laid back and all seem welcome, mopars, Bubba trucks, imports, brand x musclecars. It's great

Brice is non-existant and a waste of time now thanks to Reynoldsburg police dept. Heath was a lot of fun for the first 3 or 4 years it was there, now Heath police dept. chief retired and new one hates the cruise and is trying to shut it down just like Reynoldsburg did. But then, the Nats itself is dying a slow death too.
Despite my previous posts, All of the statements made above are 100‰ true unfortunately...

I did the cruise the last 2 years and the law seamed tolerant but the traffic was terrible, there is a Mopar dealership that clears out it's whole lot and has a big party that's pretty cool. Last year they had a band playing and plenty of food, they also taunted me to light em up while entering the lot at which I was much obliged:lol:.

I did the cruise the last 2 years and the law seamed tolerant but the traffic was terrible, there is a Mopar dealership that clears out it's whole lot and has a big party that's pretty cool. Last year they had a band playing and plenty of food, they also taunted me to light em up while entering the lot at which I was much obliged:lol:.

Yeah, Tri-County is about the only thing left that is still enjoyable about the cruise. Agree with the traffic too. I wish they would close it off to Classic MOPAR only for Fri/Sat nites.

I went last year. Left, late Saturday a.m.
BORED!!

The last time I went was 20 years earlier. I won't be attending again.

It's impossible to see everything in 1 day, and the swap meet alone is reason enough to go, it would take all weekend non stop just to search through half of it effectively. The racing is great, the exhibition cars aren't as cool as years past but whatever.

I grew up at National Trail Raceway, am as old as the show itself, and have attended every year they've been at "Trails" and have seen the ebb and flow of the nats, the move to Indy and then the return. It's consistent in the level of high quality builds and uber rare metal, but attendance has waned in the last 5 years I'd say.

Reynoldsburg is falling apart and they did well to move the cruise to heath, and for those that complain of the traffic, please consider this; the cruise route is also the main thoroughfare through that town, and its population has grown exponentially since long before the move of the cruise. Everything that town has to offer is located on that route or is accessed by it. A few thousand extra cars and a few 10 thousand gawkers coming to see them is understandably going to snarl traffic. If overheating your classic in the cruise is a concern, then address your cooling system. If the fuel mileage is a concern, lean the carb out and back off the timing a little bit. Burnouts are illegal on paper, and dangerous in implementation if done by the wrong individual, especially so when surrounded by a group of spectators, some of which are accompanied by the old friend/nemesis Al K. Hol...

All of that said, it's still just as worthy of your and my attendance as Carlisle, Woodward, Mopars at The Strip, or any and every show you know of and love to go to.

I Hope to See alot of FBBO members there! Stella is being prepped daily for it, and I can't wait to go, like every year!

Going just on Friday to try to scope out some parts that I don't need.

I go to the Nats every year and I love it Heath is also good there is a cruise this from Heath to buckeye lake this year it is about a 6 mile cruise stops a long the way food music I hope to see some of you there

It's impossible to see everything in 1 day, and the swap meet alone is reason enough to go, it would take all weekend non stop just to search through half of it effectively. The racing is great, the exhibition cars aren't as cool as years past but whatever.

I grew up at National Trail Raceway, am as old as the show itself, and have attended every year they've been at "Trails" and have seen the ebb and flow of the nats, the move to Indy and then the return. It's consistent in the level of high quality builds and uber rare metal, but attendance has waned in the last 5 years I'd say.

Reynoldsburg is falling apart and they did well to move the cruise to heath, and for those that complain of the traffic, please consider this; the cruise route is also the main thoroughfare through that town, and its population has grown exponentially since long before the move of the cruise. Everything that town has to offer is located on that route or is accessed by it. A few thousand extra cars and a few 10 thousand gawkers coming to see them is understandably going to snarl traffic. If overheating your classic in the cruise is a concern, then address your cooling system. If the fuel mileage is a concern, lean the carb out and back off the timing a little bit. Burnouts are illegal on paper, and dangerous in implementation if done by the wrong individual, especially so when surrounded by a group of spectators, some of which are accompanied by the old friend/nemesis Al K. Hol...

All of that said, it's still just as worthy of your and my attendance as Carlisle, Woodward, Mopars at The Strip, or any and every show you know of and love to go to.

I Hope to See alot of FBBO members there! Stella is being prepped daily for it, and I can't wait to go, like every year!
I only mentioned the traffic because some cars can't sit idle for extended periods of time without overheating, if your cooling system isn't up to it don't go or find a cool place to spectate. It is a good time watching all the sweet cars going by with plenty of burnouts so don't get me wrong just be prepared.

Thanks everyone, sounding better and better to me. I'll be there Thursday afternoon so I can see as much as I can Fri, Sat. and some of Sun. Going to look for some parts for my 71 RR.
It's a 8 hour drive for me.

I'm leaving from Wisconsin Thursday night and heading back home Monday. I don't care what anybody says, its always a great time!

Auto Transport Service
Back