• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The not a meme meme thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
X 582.jpg

I once went to look at an apartment for rent in Charleston, SC. I got to the door, following the old dude who owned the place, and when he pulled the door open a wave of mothball smell poured out. He was still talking away at me while I was walking back down the sidewalk away from him....lol.. I didn't even say goodbye, just turned around and walked.. hate that smell.

I once placed a bunch of mothballs in my Yukon XL to keep mice out. My brother borrowed it many months later and he called me to say “where did you hide the mothballs?” I said there weren’t any in there. He called back later to tell me they were in the ash tray. I smelled them for so long, I couldn’t smell them anymore. I do like the smell though. I recall almost eating one when I was a kid because I liked their smell.:BangHead: (That probably explains a lot about me. :lol:)

Yup.... Guys get away with improper tie down methods for years... Till they don't.... And if you try to point out a problem they'll act like you don't know what your talking about...
used to work in the parts dept at an IH dealer. Guy came in one day all jacked because PUCO fined him for too small of and not enough chains on the coils he was hauling (had them on suicide too) . One of the older truckers that was there told him to walk out side for a minute. There was a truck out back that had a coil break loose the day before, and the driver was killed..he changed his tune pretty quick.

used to work in the parts dept at an IH dealer. Guy came in one day all jacked because PUCO fined him for too small of and not enough chains on the coils he was hauling (had them on suicide too) . One of the older truckers that was there told him to walk out side for a minute. There was a truck out back that had a coil break loose the day before, and the driver was killed..he changed his tune pretty quick.

Yeah, seeing is believing... Hard way to learn a lesson but not nearly as hard as the family that lost their father/husband/son...

There's 2 reasons why those kind of things happen. Either to lazy to do it right and lack of training.

Mothballs are Naptha in solid state. Can you imagine breathing that continually?

Years ago I was hauling coils out of Calvert, Al. and before they would load a truck for the first time, they required a coil safety course. Didn't matter if you were a brand new driver or a 40 year veteran. All these years later, I still carry this card that I was issued in my wallet.

20211003_211707.jpg
20211003_211716.jpg

Iron built I’ve made a lot of money with a big wrecker and loose coils! Eye to the sky sucks the sack! Ever notice most DOT guys don’t go under trailers with coils? I’ve seen it around here.

Iron built I’ve made a lot of money with a big wrecker and loose coils! Eye to the sky sucks the sack! Ever notice most DOT guys don’t go under trailers with coils? I’ve seen it around here.
I hauled 6 "Eye to the sky" coils last week from Birmingham to Greensboro. I haul ANYTHING, and secure it all like MY life depends on it. (Because it does)

20210929_102758.jpg
20210929_102806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back