• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Proper way to cook a Rib Eye steak

9b1646979f16b949af9d14def8ab826df6442f49.gif

Grilled ribeyes the other night !!!!

60972885394__423DDC9E-3F06-4890-A05B-03C8442AE1FA.JPG

Wi-Fi on it for a temperature probe. The probe is extra but you can link it to your phone to monitor the temp. It can do up to four probes at one time. How lazy is that!
NOT lazy!
I got the stand alone Weber iGrille2 Bluetooth temperature probe hub. Comes with 2 probes, can accommodate 4 total.
Keeps stuff from burning, helps to determine if stuff is cooking evenly, and when you like rare steak, but know rare chicken is bad, it's perfect!
Use it with my new TEC infrared grill! The app will alert my phone to any excessive temperature or when the target temp and cook time is reached.
20200502_164536.jpg
20200502_164616.jpg

In this case, the rib rack in the back was a good bit hotter than the front, so I swapped them around.
:lowdown: iGrille²

NOT lazy!
I got the stand alone Weber iGrille2 Bluetooth temperature probe hub. Comes with 2 probes, can accommodate 4 total.
Keeps stuff from burning, helps to determine if stuff is cooking evenly, and when you like rare steak, but know rare chicken is bad, it's perfect!
Use it with my new TEC infrared grill! The app will alert my phone to any excessive temperature or when the target temp and cook time is reached.View attachment 944742 View attachment 944743
In this case, the rib rack in the back was a good bit hotter than the front, so I swapped them around.
:lowdown: iGrille²

giphy.gif

:lol:

I know I'l get beaten up here, but I use a Gas (LPG) BBQ for my outdoor cooking. I cannot be bothered waiting for charcoal to play the game, and get to temperature. When I'm hungry...I have to eat. :D
My wife and I prefer to slow bake our steaks in the oven...anywhere from 30-45 minutes, and then finish them up on the BBQ plates. A similar technique as shown very early in this thread. We tried the butter in a frypan a few times, but it makes a lot of mess, and stinks the house out. Besides...I get the BBQ while the steaks are baking, and settle in with a cold beer....meat comes to me outside, and I cook it up. Works for us, and I don't end up eating charcoal.
I hate BBQ's where somewhere tosses a steak on raw, and walks away...only to come back to see it on fire and ruined. :eek:

BTW...our raw steaks get a bit of treatment...ground 'rock salt & black pepper', onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika.......and a bit of oil.

upload_2020-5-3_14-7-47.png

upload_2020-5-3_14-8-17.png

upload_2020-5-3_14-8-41.png

:)

Last edited:
Just grilled up 3 Delmonico thick steaks that have been Marinated in Worcestershire sauce and Montreal steak seasoning they were delicious had them along with Shrimp scampi, Baked red potatoes with Parmesan cheese. Also had onions with pepper, thyme, chicken bouillon cubes that are baked in white wine and mushrooms sautéed in butter and Worcestershire sauce. It was beautiful here today in the 70's and a great evening to grille...

I know I'l get beaten up here, but I use a Gas (LPG) BBQ for my outdoor cooking. I cannot be bothered waiting for charcoal to play the game, and get to temperature. When I'm hungry...I have to eat. :D
My wife and I prefer to slow bake our steaks in the oven...anywhere from 30-45 minutes, and then finish them up on the BBQ plates. A similar technique as shown very early in this thread. We tried the butter in a frypan a few times, but it makes a lot of mess, and stinks the house out. Besides...I get the BBQ while the steaks are baking, and settle in with a cold beer....meat comes to me outside, and I cook it up. Works for us, and I don't end up eating charcoal.
I hate BBQ's where somewhere tosses a steak on raw, and walks away...only to come back to see it on fire and ruined. :eek:

BTW...our raw steaks get a bit of treatment...ground rock pepper & black salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika.......and a bit of oil.

View attachment 944883

View attachment 944884

View attachment 944885

:)
I use a Weber natural gas grill with 6 burners. I preheat the grill to 700 degrees. This steak was a 1.2 lb rib eye, kosher salt and fresh pepper. It took me 6 minutes to grill. I seared both sides for a minute and a half then moved to indirect heat for another minute and a half per side, and rotated for cross hatching. That's what I call near instant gratification !!!!!

60972885394__423DDC9E-3F06-4890-A05B-03C8442AE1FA.JPG

Just grilled up 3 Delmonico thick steaks that have been Marinated in Worcestershire sauce and Montreal steak seasoning they were delicious had them along with Shrimp scampi, Baked red potatoes with Parmesan cheese. Also had onions with pepper, thyme, chicken bouillon cubes that are baked in white wine and mushrooms sautéed in butter and Worcestershire sauce. It was beautiful here today in the 70's and a great evening to grille...

It was real nice today!

My friend wanted me to take her gas bottle in for a refill. I didn't know this but they do expire. There's a 12 year cutoff on them. You can get them inspected for another 5 years but really all you have to do is exchange them when the date on them is up. I'm referring to the 20 lb ones for your grill.

The date is found on the ring/handle and is stamped month-year. They are the only numbers with the dash (-) Example 12-89

BTW...our raw steaks get a bit of treatment...ground rock pepper & black salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika.
Don't you mean ground black pepper and rock salt??
Also, you bake your steaks?
I did my first filet mignon steaks a week ago on the TEC infrared grill. One of the reasons why I wanted that particular grill is the high heat output capacity, but it will also go to 200°.
On high, it will reach 900°. I used medium high and got a nice crunchy crust with 130° center. Next time I have to not cook the centers quite as much, but it was real close. My wife got me to like rare or rare plus, and I've been converted now for 15 years. Ground beef I'll cook a little more.
Ahi tuna is another "steak" we like crunchy "crust" but still swimming in the middle.

Don't you mean ground black pepper and rock salt??
Also, you bake your steaks?
Yes....we bake them first...sounds wrong, but please refer to the very first post in this thread for the directions...

also, thanks for the correction - my brian was working fatser than my fungers :rolleyes:

A Grilling Question.....

If a man is grilling a Delmonico Steak…...on his BBQ grill, but has to go inside to get more delicious meat, and a friend drinking a beer believes the meat currently on the grill should be turned, should the friend ever flip the meat?

A Grilling Question.....

If a man is grilling a Delmonico Steak…...on his BBQ grill, but has to go inside to get more delicious meat, and a friend drinking a beer believes the meat currently on the grill should be turned, should the friend ever flip the meat?
You should never handle another man's meat, under any circumstances.

A Grilling Question.....

Only if he has another hand, because he'll need it when he loses the one he flipped with..

Auto Transport Service
Back