• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
...Which is what my wife named it when she first laid eyes on it. The game plan for this project (and a half) is to install a 6.4 Hemi & 5 speed.

Before....
IMG_0373.jpg

Today....
IMG_0115.JPG

In 2008 I had a 74 Duster that I called by the same name.
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG

That car was absolutely deserving of the name. It had some bullshit aftermarket sunroof, a crude 4 speed conversion, inch thick bondo in the quarters, up-taped wiring that looked like someone was tracing a problem, rotted dash, headliner, heck… the whole interior.

IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

It was complete though and was solid otherwise.

IMG_1946.JPG
d1.JPG
d15.JPG

Are you going to piece together the grille or buy another?

Last edited:
Nice! I think I see a ‘67 Camaro next to the Charger. It’s white, just like the one in Vanishing Point that was the stunt double for the ‘70 Challenger R/T. :thumbsup:

In 2008 I had a 74 Duster that I called by the same name.
That car was absolutely deserving of the name. It had some bullshit aftermarket sunroof, a crude 4 speed conversion, inch thick bondo in the quarters, up-taped wiring that looked like someone was tracing a problem, rotted dash, headliner, heck… the whole interior.
It was completed though and was solid otherwise.
Are you going to piece together the grille or buy another?

I bought a repro grille AMD had when I was there last week. No headlight doors though. I’ll have to get them elsewhere.

Richard, when it comes time to take the rocker panel moldings off. Could you please take few detailed photos for a fella could you? Maybe a measurement or two. If it's not too much trouble. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks Richard.
Oh I just checked it out, they are off. Maybe you got a few? Just to see where to mounting brackets were mounted.

By the way. What's your first impression of the grill?

Just curious RC. Why not the 6 speed which is what is in the modern 6.4 SRT’s?

Richard, when it comes time to take the rocker panel moldings off. Could you please take few detailed photos for a fella could you? Maybe a measurement or two. If it's not too much trouble. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks Richard.
Oh I just checked it out, they are off. Maybe you got a few? Just to see where to mounting brackets were mounted.

By the way. What's your first impression of the grill?

I assume that you want measurements of all the hole locations. I can get that for you. I pulled the grille out of the box and it looks nice. That said, I also know that 99% of all repro parts are never spot on perfect.

Did you go with a TKX? My neighbor just put one of those in his Camaro and loves it. Nice compact design.

Thanks Richard! Appreciate the effort. I have a pretty good right up from here I printed off years ago to help me try and put them on properly. Second opinion will never hurt.
Oh well I imagine with a little massaging the grill will look Great!

I just got my 5 speed TKO 600 from SST last Saturday. After reading KD’s thread, I decided to do the same for better drivability and eliminate 727.
19E518CD-8694-4BCF-AB85-434845B358D9.jpeg

Mark,
You couldn't stand just having one and knowing you tells me this is a major investment into your own version of the car Chrysler could only have made. Straight, clean and mean. Purple, white top is the way Chrysler would have done it. I'm looking forward to this one off venture..... Let The Horses Run. Oh yeah, I'm glad for you!!! Ulli

I don’t know if the previous model TKO is even offered anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back