• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The universe is such a waste.

What if dog really ment cat?
A timeless ponder. From man's
beginning as to why are WE here
with the cognitive ability to
question our existance..
Live your life, as short as it is.
It's a gift.

question, does it matter what we think ? the universe probably don’t care of our opinion of it . question 2 , is it a vast waste , or is there other stuff out there we don’t know about ?

I think the biggest error we make when talking about "other life" is, we assume "life" is going to be like US.

Pretty arrogant.

The universe is not pointless or a waste. It challenges us to learn something new and to grow..... and the real gift is that it is so huge (and also small), (and also in infinite multitudes?!) that we will never get to the end of the puzzle. Millions of years in the future we will STILL be uncovering new things. There will be something new and fascinating for us to explore and uncover until the end of time. Discovering, being challenged, exploring, growing is what drives the human race (insert your favorite Star Trek quote here).

I kind of read this answer . It takes a system as big as a universe to create the physics that in turn creates stars, galaxies, etc. Then like the billion monkeys with a billion paintbrushes creating art, if you give nature an infinite chance at creating life it will eventually happen.

With so many chances and so many variations in the universe, "Life finds a way." That's why there had to be so many chances.

Like rolling the dice to get double 6's. All the rolls when you didn't get double 6s weren't wasted they had to happen on your way to get double 6's. I hope this makes sense to you it sure answers it for me.

Rolling double sixes chance about 1/36. Perhaps a better analogy would have been winning mega millions jackpot, something like 1/ 300,000,000

If we are indeed alone in the universe? The universe would still be well worth the effort.

I think maybe the Australian aboriginal people may have the closest answer to the meaning of life. Existence is spiritual. In a spiritual realm. This universe, including the earth, is a marvelous gift. So we can experience a physical existence. We are here to observe. And with works, share the gift with others.

This philosophy would suggest that the "Gift" is by design. How we interpret and live the gift is the mystery. The mystery has evoked both matters of science and faith.

My gut tells me we as a species are WAY off on understanding any "Devine Truth." But it's the exploration of that truth is what matters.
JMO.

I'm not looking to find any great answers here but the more I look into it the universe is such a pointless waste.

Let's examine the earth. It's big but it seems to have its purpose of providing sustenance for life although there are big sections that don't do much like deserts and ice masses. They are still important though.

The moon? Helps the tides I guess, the rest of the planets seem superfluous except the sun. It's the big dog engine running everything.

Outside our solar system who cares. The billions of solar systems in the billions of galaxies even the groups that are near us don't matter except to recognize the incredible number of them and their distances from us. Then galaxies just keep going and going and going for truly unimaginable distances. Rocks, minerals, gasses, gravity, and explosions don't matter in the least to us or to any system that would care to record them. Less important than a tiny wave in an ocean.

If we take all the religions and add them up, they are all self-centric. The Gods are all concerned about us and therefore not at all concerned about what's going on a billion light-years away in the universe.

It's a possibility we are the only advanced form of life in the universe and to me that seems like such a waste. I don't mean the universe HAS to have a meaning it just seems wasteful if it doesn't.

n > Quotes > Quotable Quote​

(?)
View attachment 1530456

“The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space.”​

you mentioned religions , you know all gods that are worshiped around the world , budda, mohammed , etc ., there is only one thats alive , think about it ....

I think maybe the Australian aboriginal people may have the closest answer to the meaning of life.
You do know that those Didgeridoo's that they blow on are really just enormous joints....right....? :fool: :fool: :fool:

They came down from Meekatharra
In a burned-out blue FJ
That farted and just **** itself in Jutland Parade
Right next door to Bondy's
When the smoke had cleared a voice said:

You do know that those Didgeridoo's that they blow on are really just enormous joints....right....? :fool: :fool: :fool:

They came down from Meekatharra
In a burned-out blue FJ
That farted and just **** itself in Jutland Parade
Right next door to Bondy's
When the smoke had cleared a voice said:

You see. They are on to something?

But the 2 cosmic questions for all the ages and transcending all realms remains:
How's your ballast resistor?
How many washing machines will it take to fill black hole Cygnus X-1?

But the 2 cosmic questions for all the ages and transcending all realms remains:
How's your ballast resistor?
How many washing machines will it take to fill black hole Cygnus X-1?
@moparwacko gets automatic legendary status in my little black book now. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Most of us have traveled around America to some degree and we have a sense of the size of our country. We take that and have a sense as to the size of our planet. We listen to various scientist as they try to give us a sense of the size of the universe, its vastness is almost unimaginable .
On the first page of Genesis we get 16 verses of detail from our Creator about how our world, solar system was made. And then He gets to the universe and it says, 'he made the stars also.' That's it, five words to describe something so gigantic we cannot fathom. Just five words devoted to worlds unknown? Talk about a downplay, I just cannot comprehend. Is there nothing out there in that part of creation that we should be curious about......

@moparwacko gets automatic legendary status in my little black book now. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wow, little black book. Haven’t heard that expression in a while. My dad had one of those, although I never seen it. It wasn’t for any legendary status either

We could do all that on one planet.

If good fences make good neighbors, think what many light years will do.

Fact is, I'd feel better if most of humanity was on the other side of the universe.

Auto Transport Service
Back