• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Them Dukes, them Dukes..."

Ariana

Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
There is only one picture for now, but we found and took home this 1975 Dodge Coronet! I caught him mid-"bingo," which made me laugh. So, I decided to post this picture instead of taking new ones to start the thread with. It had been in the yard since 1993, and despite the other cars around it being practically picked clean, this one was only missing the radiator and windshield! We pulled a temporary (broken) windshield from a gran fury and taped it on to tow it home. We had to find a stick to prop open the hood as it's missing its struts/rods, which is probably why the engine is still so complete. I'll post again soon with more pictures and a list of what needs to be done on it!

received_1310198466331904.jpeg

This is the first four-door in the fleet! I just watched my first episode of the Dukes of Hazzard last night and saw one of these cars in action! Roscoe and Boss Hog remind me of Taggart and Hedy (Hedley!) Lamarr from Blazing Saddles

It's a 318/904 car, which should keep up with the Dukes' Charger since those were all Chevy 350-powered (I bet you didn't know that!!)

Bonus Cragars.

How many?

I'll bet.....three.

We started decoding the fender tag and came across the ultra-rare RF0 code! It turns out, that's for the dealer option for rear-floor delete!! o:

So, we pulled up the carpet and sure enough! No floor!

And now for the real groaner; we got a key made for the ignition cylinder and then exactly 2 minutes after re-installing the cylinder... poking around in the ash tray, I find an envelope hidden beneath some mud. In the envelope- are all the keys for the car! Who would have thought! That's $55 I'll never get back, but at least I have a spare!

20240205_170235.jpg

20240205_170250.jpg

20240205_170305.jpg

20240205_170230.jpg

I wish I had a 3rd Crager, just the 2 up front and some hideous 16" abominations from who knows what. That does look like a 6 bang scoop, odd but maybe. I know NYPD loved these with 6 bangs ( police duty extra oil scraper ring versions). I've been sorting out underneath the hood and I bet it runs. Engine turns free, has oil, all freeze plugs good. Ari and I are going back and forth as to call it "Roscoe" or "Enos". Side pipes?? I think so and a "pig nose" hood scoop.

Wow! What kind of a hood scoop is that?
No idea. Was used in the Smokey and The Bandit movie cop cars, but hardly anyone recalls them being on actual police cars...the photo above was of an era-correct car in service with one but no one can find any info on them. So not sure if they were a police-only option in the south or what.

Well some odd foreshadowing happening. I reached out to some of my local gear heads looking for Cragers to match the front. My buddy Jim comes back with "yeah I've got some but, I only have 3!!!" and they are 14". Perfect!! My Rock auto order has arrived so next week it gets stuffed with new parts. I'll make sure a first start video happens. Wow side pipes are pricey these days, might have to make my own. Was the hood scoop an external tach?? Almost looks like what Pontiac used to have

That bump looks too big/long to me.

There was a Mopar version of the Dixco hood tach, complete with pentastar on the face.

Made some progress today. Pleasantly surprised that my $54 ( delivered no less) replacement 3 core radiator built by our good friends in the east actually fit with minimal modifications. Just waiting on some more parts from Rock Auto and the first fire up will be recorded for posterity. I have a soft spot for these 4 doors as my first car was a 73 4 door ( 40 years ago). I'll have to look into the windshield supply. Took me 2 years to get one for my 75 Road Runner. I hood tach would look pretty cool with a police theme. I'm going to shoot for the rural sheriff presentation and keeping it in gold with a black call out "star" . I think all of Roscoes cars were white. I have all 5 seasons on hand do I'll have to fully review ( better than todays offerings in my book)

Picked up the G-60 -14" with "classic" Firestone SS Fat meats. They are really old , white letter Bias ply and the Keystone version of Crager SS wheels. I'm throwing some tubes in just as yard drivers as the car gets put together. I noticed in episode 2 Daisy has a 74RR in yellow. Ari and I have been putting together a 74 ( Might take it out for a spin thread). Maybe we continue the Dukes theme ( I have a RR hood in stock). Don't think I'll ever be able to swing a General Lee at todays prices. Lots of B body action in those early episodes

Picked up the G-60 -14" with "classic" Firestone SS Fat meats. They are really old , white letter Bias ply and the Keystone version of Crager SS wheels. I'm throwing some tubes in just as yard drivers as the car gets put together. I noticed in episode 2 Daisy has a 74RR in yellow. Ari and I have been putting together a 74 ( Might take it out for a spin thread). Maybe we continue the Dukes theme ( I have a RR hood in stock). Don't think I'll ever be able to swing a General Lee at todays prices. Lots of B body action in those early episodes
Tempting, but the Franken theme is more fun considering the 74 is also half Satellite

Auto Transport Service
Back