• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about asking how the wiring is in this 19,000 dollar car

Status
Not open for further replies.
ouch ,you think that would of been addressed before posting a photo for sale

I would hate to see under the hood, probably why there are no pics

What do you expect,look at what they did to the rest of the car! I really hate 01 Chargers,sorry.

Wiring! More like a plate of Spaghetti. With his quality of work and attention to detail, I can just about imagine what the rest of the car is like.

I dislike purple cars myself. Everyone has opinions... I guess anyone who has a General should have a regular Charger as well so everyone will like what someone has. Nevermind, the basic Charger would just be the wrong color too so nobody will be happy.... Hmmmmm. I like any 68-69 Charger myself.

Oh my... that poor, poor Charger. They didn't even get the graphics right.

Oh my... that poor, poor Charger. They didn't even get the graphics right.

That was my thoughts exactly .. if you are a fan of the show and and want to recreate your own personal general lee why wouldn't you at least do the big things right? Especially since getting the font right couldn't have cost more.

cant afford to drive it and put a battery in it so its got to go...
no problematic rust, so there is rust , its just not a problem
19,000 for an orange 318 car is a little steep

F - Assembly Plant: Newark, DE

what a pos.$19k plus(his reserve is not met yet)for a car the dont run with "bubbling paint" are you kidding.this guy is in fantasy land.say hello to mr rourk for me.

we should not forget, also local pickup only, won't ship...exactly the market for ebay...

I TOTALLY agree with doing it right. Touchy? Yep I have a General Lee. Getting to redo the interior to the correct color as well...

20130327_122521_zps36c4a674.jpg

Getting another Charger soon as well...It won`t be a General for obvious reasons lol... It will be nice to have a GL and a regular Charger.

20130316_144803_zpsd365696a.jpg

not a fan of general lees,but that sure is a nice one you got there kikgas01.super clean,i like it.

You got the air horns too

That car looks like "fire Hazzard" instead of the "Dukes of Hazzard"
I grew up watching the show when it was still on TV so I always loved the show, now my son watches it on DVD.
I guess it is each to their own with the building of a car. Seems as alot of the General Lee cars are just thrown together. Personally I would not take a real R/T and make a General Lee out of it, but a 318 car I would have no problem doing it. Really no matter what you do it needs to be a safe build and not a fire hazzard. I know a guy not far from me that built a General Lee clone out of a real 69 440 L code charger R/T that was originally a loaded car with 6 way drivers seat and luggage rack so as I say each to their own.
Matt

Yep I have seen a lot of nice chargers(R/T's,and even 70 R/T,s) ruined the same way.I have always love the show too.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Mine is supposedly a R/T the vin says so, but who knows. No broadcast sheet or fender tag, so I didn`t care. It is a real nice solid car though. Hoping to have the other 69 home soon. I like mine tidy and clean. The Fire Hazzard comment was funny lmao. Cheers.

I don't know if I was never cognizant that they deleted the side marker lights before I saw your pictures or I just forgot it. Must have been because they used 68/69/70's for various shots/stunt cars.

I TOTALLY agree with doing it right. Touchy? Yep I have a General Lee. Getting to redo the interior to the correct color as well...

Getting another Charger soon as well...It won`t be a General for obvious reasons lol... It will be nice to have a GL and a regular Charger.

They did later in the series due to continuity when all of the work was done "in house". They only used 68 and 69 Chargers in the run of the series. You can really tell when the change took place because they had light tan interior, marker lights/reflectors and reverse lights shaved and the big pushbar. If anyone is interested I have some photos of some originals that W/B sold. I have one that is stored in a airplane hanger that is still in as is condition, the 2 wheel ski car( I drove it in Covington GA) as well as several others. Keith Winfree`s General which was jumped once and is the "overheat" car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back