• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking about asking how the wiring is in this 19,000 dollar car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but I don't think the "$1000 deposit is non refundable" if you back out is enforceable, Pretty sure either paypal or ebay will refund you or just never give it to him lol But I always get a kick out of that statement. And is it just me or is the lettering on the roof crooked? I also love what he's done with the steering wheel and radio nice unrealistic touch.

They did later in the series due to continuity when all of the work was done "in house". They only used 68 and 69 Chargers in the run of the series. You can really tell when the change took place because they had light tan interior, marker lights/reflectors and reverse lights shaved and the big pushbar. If anyone is interested I have some photos of some originals that W/B sold. I have one that is stored in a airplane hanger that is still in as is condition, the 2 wheel ski car( I drove it in Covington GA) as well as several others. Keith Winfree`s General which was jumped once and is the "overheat" car.

Yeah that's what I mean they did it for continuity. I'll bow to your knowledge of no 70's being used, although I had heard some years ago that they used some 70's and just changed the appropriate panels/parts to make them look like 69's.

Wayne Wooten has most vin numbers that W/B had on file and 68 and 69 Chargers were used. I do know there is a existing one with a 70 door or door panel but is clearly a 68 with the pointed dash and key hanging from the ignition switch in the dash. The new movies, yes, 70 Chargers were used. Wayne has the #1 close up car and the "billboard" car. He bought the remaining 17 cars from W/B and got semi loads of parts as well as all of the info, vin numbers and such of the cars used. You know they sold them for 5 grand a piece. He found 17 people to buy one for 5k plus shipping and that is how he got them. They kept the #2 close up car which was used in the reunions and new movies. It now sits in W/B`s car museum with the flag covered with a huge orange sticker.

I TOTALLY agree with doing it right. Touchy? Yep I have a General Lee. Getting to redo the interior to the correct color as well...

20130327_122521_zps36c4a674.jpg

Getting another Charger soon as well...It won`t be a General for obvious reasons lol... It will be nice to have a GL and a regular Charger.
20130327_122521_zps36c4a674.jpg

20130316_144803_zpsd365696a.jpg

that is one beautiful General, i'd give up a nut to own one like that!!

the one in the add is a pile, can't stand the numbers on the door. if your gonna copy something its gotta be done right. im sure its one of those cars with the fusable link long gone and a burned up amp gauge.

Thank you. I do try to take pride in what I have like everyone else here. This is General number 4. Every other one I had was a pile. I was finally able to get this one. It was all messed up when I got it, wiring, front end and brakes. It was all new, just messed up, but I knew this when I bought it. I got a good deal on it as well. I know a lot don`t like General`s but a nice one that has had a lot of expensive, hard work done is a.o.k. in my book. I like anything neat. Heck I have a pro-street MERCURY sitting in my garage! (Wasn`t gonna tell anyone that though lol)
KGrHqRh4F8DWs2w1BQdiIbIF60_12.jpg

KGrHqZlwFeTB8pnYBQdlmTBw60_12.jpg

T2eC16ZygE9s7HJ-8oBQdoOmjGw60_12.jpg

2012-10-03_15-57-40_469.jpg

2012-10-24_14-41-24_452-1.jpg

2012-10-24_16-38-41_82-1.jpg

Sorry everyone, I didn`t mean to Hijack the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back