• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thinking of doing a manual trans conversion

only issue with that is i am a 17 hour drive north of the boarder!

this might help. its for the tko 5 spd. was originally going to go 4 spd so we cut for that to put in 4spd hump but changed to 5 spd. just cut 1 hole in center, thats all.
1- stock floor
2- we had cut already for 4spd hump add on then went 5spd. fabed new pc with 1" rise for fit.
3- finished look
4- tranny with hyd clutch throw out ready for install
5- front finished view
6- rear finished view
7- test fitting pic

hope it helps. rick

Attachments

• more recentcars 047.jpg
    more recentcars 047.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 187
  • hemi project #1 054.jpg
    hemi project #1 054.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 166
  • hemi project #1 058.jpg
    hemi project #1 058.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 174
  • more recentcars 045.jpg
    more recentcars 045.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 194
  • hemi project #1 007.jpg
    hemi project #1 007.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 201
  • it fired up 004.jpg
    it fired up 004.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 170
  • it fired up 001.jpg
    it fired up 001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 171
Yea the original close ratio 4 speed is brutal on the highway, I thought about an upgrade or overdrive but I want to keep this one stock (70 GTX 440+6 track pack)
I usually drive around 55 mph for longer distances to keep the rpms down.

Hey Shag766, I noticed the your T/O has 2 lines running to it. Is that their new setup? Do you have a pic of the master?

i think it was $5300.00 shipped , with a non consle shifter , that was $200.00 more and the shipping was $500.00 of that and of course there will be taxes and duties to enter this great country of canada!

really makes you think if a 4 gear is worth it ?

drive to factory, have local shop install it, drive home. Stupid customs police never check for auto to manual trans conversions they'll never know!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Rick, nice looking set up. would like to hear how those exhaust cutouts work and who they are from/what they are called or part number.

only issue with that is i am a 17 hour drive north of the boarder!
Ya, that's a pretty far trek. You havev30 days to pick it up at the shipping depot tho. Haha

If its made in USA there should be no duty! NAFTA certificate can clear that up. I am in the process of getting one ready when I go pick up my Alterkation and street lynx kit.

I am debating the TKO600 as well... Debating if I will still be married if I make that fine purchase. I keep telling myself... It's cheaper to stay married then get divorced. So if I don't get divorced I will have money to buy the TKO.

I'm still married... So...

Damn I'm buying it then.

here is the only pic's i have right now. the 1st one was shortly after the install of the motor, loose wiring. 2nd one is wiring cleaned up. in the 1st pic the little white plastic bottle is the reservoir for the clutch and right under the brake booster you can see the top of the slave. sorry. i remember we had a hell of a time getting the air out of the system.

- - - Updated - - -

i think it was $5300.00 shipped , with a non consle shifter , that was $200.00 more and the shipping was $500.00 of that and of course there will be taxes and duties to enter this great country of canada!

really makes you think if a 4 gear is worth it ?

there is no duties, its nafta. you will pay gst only, i think. ups will jam ya though. brokerage charge for a non-duty part, pricks. ooops did i print that out loud. lol

- - - Updated - - -

drive to factory, have local shop install it, drive home. Stupid customs police never check for auto to manual trans conversions they'll never know!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Rick, nice looking set up. would like to hear how those exhaust cutouts work and who they are from/what they are called or part number.

they are made by doug's. jegs has them. they work really well. i am buying another set in the spring for another car that i put a set of pypes on and they are junk. the pypes style is a butter fly in the center of the pipe and you can't stop them from leaking, believe me i have tried. i call the dougs type a guillotine system and the block off plate runs in tracks. the other system depends on the motor to hold it closed.
--hope it helps

Attachments

• it fired up 011.jpg
    it fired up 011.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0980.jpg
    IMG_0980.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 179
I sold the tunnel but still have the pedal bracket for under the dash. Was in a 66 b body. pm me if interested.

- - - Updated - - -

I sold the tunnel but still have the pedal bracket for under the dash. Was in a 66 b body. pm me if interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back