• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This makes me sick to my stomach.

That's cool, my parents owned a 65 Impala SS until my mom crashed it in 1969. The Daytona race car is going to be cool when it is done, but I am sure that there will be some people who think that it should have been left stock, but this one was cut up and put on this chassis back in 2004. Now a days no one in their right mind would cut up a nice 70 Charger R /T to build a stock car. There was no AMD back then. If I were to want to build this car now, I would have stick built this car from all new AMD sheet metal instead of cutting up a perfectly good 70 Charger R /T.

Yea I agree with Cranium, I like the idea of the newer modern drivetrain in the car and then leaving the rest factory appearing. I myself like the carb and original stuff due to it being simple and part of the era. I am 31 years old so you'd think I'd wanna do the modern stuff, but I enjoy em both. I do like the street rods with modern drivetrain and such for driveability. I am not a fan of however cutting up all the original cars to the point where its not even a Charger anymore. I like the newer Challenger for this. I feel it gives the younger guys a chance to own a retro car without the hassle of the old stuff if they don't want it. Its a good combo of old and new. I know I will never chop my 68's up at this point!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
D59BF082-9DDE-472D-9E06-322DE152E48F.png

I just bought this 70 Charger Daytona race car. I usually prefer my cars stock for the most part. Let it be known that I bought this car like this, and I am not the person who thought it would be a great idea to cut up a really solid southern 70 Charger R /T and put the body on a modern Loughlin style Nascar chassis. That said, I thought that it is a very cool project, and I intend to build it and drive this Daytona stock car on the street! One of the previous owners was trying to turn it into a modernized Fast and Furious Daytona wannabe, and hacked up the hood fenders and doors. I am trying to put the body back to stock 70 Charger R /T configuration with the Daytona aero kit on it. Most people are not real receptive to second generation Chargers that have body modifications. I am doing my best to unhack the butchering that was done to the body, because there is no need to screw with perfection! View attachment 585855 View attachment 585856 View attachment 585857 View attachment 585858
Me personally, I think what your doing is great! A better chassis is never a bad thing and if I had the money when I built mine it would be sitting on an Art Morrison chassis:D. The important part is your keeping the sexy body lines intact.

Sounds like my last girlfriend.....Cropped, Dropped, Shaved, and Tubbed!!

:rofl::rofl::lol:

Loose respect? I can respect their abilities because that car is absolutely gorgeous if you take away the rims and lift it back up a bit. Looks like excellent craftsmanship with a lot of really poor taste in the stance and rims but that's where personal preference kicks in. Lift it up and change the rims and all of a sudden everybody will be saying how sweet it is, a days work away from being awesome.

To answer the question WHY people do this (not the lowrider look), some people actually want to enjoy racking up miles safely, economically and in comfort. Why EFI, for one today's fuel isn't mixed for carburated engines and causes plenty of headaches headaches I've worked threw to keep my carb.

I have a beef with people who judge based on their idea of what's right or wrong, classics are cool no matter what so if someone wants to make them more DRIVEABLE in today's world of **** fuel (EFI), idiot drivers (better braking) and higher speed limits (suspension and rim upgrades) then great that means it will at least be driven. My beef is with people who keep them tucked away to never be seen.
I racked up 30,000 miles in three years in my super bee, drum brakes, stock suspension, bias ply tires and a carburetor and it drove fine???? More likely when you when you do a car like the one on eBay, it probably doesn’t even get driven at all.

I racked up 30,000 miles in three years in my super bee, drum brakes, stock suspension, bias ply tires and a carburetor and it drove fine???? More likely when you when you do a car like the one on eBay, it probably doesn’t even get driven at all.

That is true and really sad,that someone would build a car to that level, and probably is not even driven!

I'm actually warming up to the idea of a modern engine & transmission, but keeping the car looking stock until the hood is popped.

I'm getting there also and I'm a purist at heart.
I can't stand the clown wheels

Along with my Hemi Satellite I also own a 66
big block Corvette.
It saddens me to see all the modern modes done
to the Vettes,but that seems to be the trend.
If you watch the auctions,people are paying Big
Bucks for these cars.
Unfortunately Money Talks.

Along with my Hemi Satellite I also own a 66
big block Corvette.
It saddens me to see all the modern modes done
to the Vettes,but that seems to be the trend.
If you watch the auctions,people are paying Big
Bucks for these cars.
Unfortunately Money Talks.

That's Great, glad to hear you put yours to use!!:thumbsup: That being said not everyone's idea of "driving fine" is the same. Your probably right about that car not getting driven too, what a waste.

Keep on enjoying that Super Bee:D.

Wonder why they stressed the fact that "it still has the original keys and works in the ignition and trunk". Is that a selling point?

Because people probably assume it is remote control or a robot comes and drives it for you! :rofl:

Well, one thing is for sure. That sucker's going to pick up every piece of road debris that's out there!

Never had a hassle driving the old stuff. Man, if something happened on the road, I could at least get it going again without having all kinds of electronic diagnostic gadgets to find out what was wrong and then look for an auto parts store or a stealership to buy some sort of position sensor that may or may not be the problem. Have to agree though that when the new stuff works, it works good but I've chased my tail more than I care to think about with the new crap....especially with my daughter's PT (pitiful thing) Cruiser GT.

But..but...but....

Remember and say it with me.....

“It’s your car. Do what you want and to hell with what anyone thinks.”

See how silly that sounds right about now?

I appreciate their/anyone's craftsmanship. But certainly not my cup of tea. On the point of modern drivetrains in vintage cars, my take on it is this. If I want a modern drive train, I buy a modern car (which I did, and love my late model hemi), but I don't want it in my vintage cars. I like the way my car is, just like I did when I was 17. My classic is not a daily driver. I want the noise, the feel, the smell, the EXPERIENCE of driving this car the way it is. And loving it every minute.

Auto Transport Service
Back