• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This makes me sick to my stomach.

I racked up 30,000 miles in three years in my super bee, drum brakes, stock suspension, bias ply tires and a carburetor and it drove fine???? More likely when you when you do a car like the one on eBay, it probably doesn’t even get driven at all.

That's Great, glad to hear you put yours to use!!:thumbsup: That being said not everyone's idea of "driving fine" is the same. Your probably right about that car not getting driven too, what a waste.
Keep on enjoying that Super Bee:D.

I'm with 747 on this one. We have plenty of members here who have put different drivetrains in their cars. I added fuel injection to mine, and a hidden A/C system. That may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it was what I wanted. It makes the car hobby interesting.

As far as not driving the cars much: There are lots of perfect restorations that don't get driven either. Driving a car or not doesn't have to do with how the car is built, but what the owner wants. If an owner wants a trailer queen, that's great. Nothing wrong with that and I love to see them at shows, etc.

To the subject Charger. I am not a fan of "slammed" cars and I'm not a fan of rubber band wheels either. But put some different wheels on that car and touch a button so it rides at a decent height, and you'd be in business pretty quick.

Hsorman, you are correct, it’s not everybody cup of tea. Yes it’s a hobby but also have to remember these cars were built to be the king of the street. When you actually had to DRIVE it. You actually had to maintain it, adjust things here and there. Take away the carburetor to put efi on for reliability. There’s goes the knowledge of how to run a carb. Anybody can do what they want but adding modern technology also kills how these cars were built. Take someone who never driven a muscle car, the experience is entirely different. Brakes are ****, rides like **** and drives like **** but that’s the experience. Put modern stuff on a muscle car such as A/C, suspension, tires and such, have someone jump in who never experienced an old car blindfolded (not driving of course) think they can tell it was a car from the 60’s 70’s? Probably not. Everybody has their opinions but I like my cars to be somewhat like they were for the driving experience. Every kid that drove my car said it was really fun to drive. “You actually have to drive this thing”

Haters gonna hate lol

Guys if he had some 15’s on it and had the bags aired up where t appeared slightly lowered or stock you all would be praising it. Facts are it’s a bad *** dodge I don’t like the wheels either but I’m not going to say the car is ruined. Someone spent a lot of money on it and is very proud of it I’m not going to **** on his pride and joy because of wheels AC or fuel injection.

Now if it was like that 74 wing car clone that kiwi ( I think ) posted up the other day that is a TRUE monstrosity I would trash it in a second. This car doesn’t deserve to be labeled as ruined.

Im not a fan of these resto-mods/customs. I dont care for the wheels either but I'm sure the body and paint are perfection as is the rest of the work that went into this car. You talk about bad investments, according to what i read there is well over 300,000 dollars into that car and now its being sold for well less than half!
I only think this car is no different than customs of the fifties and sixties. Its what the car culture is all about, hot rodding, and customizing cars. I think the car is bastardized to the point of being obnoxious looking but then again taste is what is in ones mouth. Id pass on it but i can appreciate the workmanship that went into it

Loose respect? I can respect their abilities because that car is absolutely gorgeous if you take away the rims and lift it back up a bit. Looks like excellent craftsmanship with a lot of really poor taste in the stance and rims but that's where personal preference kicks in. Lift it up and change the rims and all of a sudden everybody will be saying how sweet it is, a days work away from being awesome.

To answer the question WHY people do this (not the lowrider look), some people actually want to enjoy racking up miles safely, economically and in comfort. Why EFI, for one today's fuel isn't mixed for carburated engines and causes plenty of headaches headaches I've worked threw to keep my carb.

I have a beef with people who judge based on their idea of what's right or wrong, classics are cool no matter what so if someone wants to make them more DRIVEABLE in today's world of **** fuel (EFI), idiot drivers (better braking) and higher speed limits (suspension and rim upgrades) then great that means it will at least be driven. My beef is with people who keep them tucked away to never be seen.
AGREE W/ THIS. He wouldn`t like my supposedly 723 horse 68 fastback w/ f.inj., and 4 wheel disc brakes either ! The donk wheels suck on anything!!

Loose respect? I can respect their abilities because that car is absolutely gorgeous if you take away the rims and lift it back up a bit. Looks like excellent craftsmanship with a lot of really poor taste in the stance and rims but that's where personal preference kicks in. Lift it up and change the rims and all of a sudden everybody will be saying how sweet it is, a days work away from being awesome.

To answer the question WHY people do this (not the lowrider look), some people actually want to enjoy racking up miles safely, economically and in comfort. Why EFI, for one today's fuel isn't mixed for carburated engines and causes plenty of headaches headaches I've worked threw to keep my carb.

I have a beef with people who judge based on their idea of what's right or wrong, classics are cool no matter what so if someone wants to make them more DRIVEABLE in today's world of **** fuel (EFI), idiot drivers (better braking) and higher speed limits (suspension and rim upgrades) then great that means it will at least be driven. My beef is with people who keep them tucked away to never be seen.
There is a faction of car enthusiasts, Mopar, GM, and Ford folks, that believe a car should not be modified. Period. Doesn't matter if its a '57 Bel Air or a '70 'Cuda. I find that interesting. Most of them were not around when these cars were being produced and sold new. Within a short time of being purchased, customization began on many of these cars - wheels and tires were being replaced, air shocks were installed, new manifolds and carbs, headers...the owners wanted to go faster and have their car stand out from the others. Individualism. No one cared. But now some do. Why? Because now those are "classics" and need to be preserved in their purest form? Hell, in 1985 a '70 'Cuda was considered a POS, worth only hundreds. It's truly amazing any of these cars still exist after 50 years and haven't been reclaimed by the earth. So while some owners choose to modify their cars, mildly or radically, why can't others just be satisfied the damn thing hasn't been crushed? I guess its because we have an exceptionally critical society these days.

We should just start a thread when muscle cars go wrong lol

774DCB61-5CE1-4F6F-B70C-11BEFB287CDC.png 485773A8-23B2-48C0-9C48-3E216AF9769E.png

I'm digging the gold Camaro! Now that's gettin your bling on fo shore!

There is a faction of car enthusiasts, Mopar, GM, and Ford folks, that believe a car should not be modified. Period. Doesn't matter if its a '57 Bel Air or a '70 'Cuda. I find that interesting. Most of them were not around when these cars were being produced and sold new. Within a short time of being purchased, customization began on many of these cars - wheels and tires were being replaced, air shocks were installed, new manifolds and carbs, headers...the owners wanted to go faster and have their car stand out from the others. Individualism. No one cared. But now some do. Why? Because now those are "classics" and need to be preserved in their purest form? Hell, in 1985 a '70 'Cuda was considered a POS, worth only hundreds. It's truly amazing any of these cars still exist after 50 years and haven't been reclaimed by the earth. So while some owners choose to modify their cars, mildly or radically, why can't others just be satisfied the damn thing hasn't been crushed? I guess its because we have an exceptionally critical society these days.
Very well put. In my case mine was a rusted up SE 318 Charger missing the whole drivetrain and interior, doubt many would invest the time to fix it up given it's lack of value but that's one more Charger on the streets. To me this hobby is more about having fun and creating memories than it is about an investment.

Auto Transport Service
Back