• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THIS Should Be A Good One...... Mecum 2023 Wing & Mopar Collection

Did they just Cuda-ize a 72 coronet 4 door?? The front and rear glass are too small for that roof. It looks like an old limo/ambulance/hearse.
Travis..

Curious why do you guys think all these wings are going up at the same time? Is it that - simply these trust fund guys that just bounce them between each other or is there something else going on? If they’re so rare seems like quite a few to hit the market in such a cloistered time frame…….

Well so far I looks like my thoughts were correct that you don't put 17 forkin wing cars up for sale at the same auction.. Today's Hemi/4 speed Bird and Hemi/Auto Daytona both went for $775K + 10%. Expected on the Bird was 900 to 1.1 and the Daytona 1.1 to 1.3 million. Yesterdays 440 Bird sold for $175K. Tomorrow should be interesting, I don't imagine things will be better by "the bakers dozen".

I think the Daytona went for $750k, Wayne. The Daytona was a 727 and the Bird was a 4-speed. I would have thought the Daytona would go for more than the Bird even with the 727.

I don't know for sure, but when it was hammered $775K was the asking on the overhead. Either way 300+ shy of expected.
daytonamecum775k.jpg

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken it stalled at that asking and sold for 750. Agreed that it fell short of expected.

Results from Mecum Kissimmee 2023 Auction for the Gary Edwards winged car collection. These figures reflect the added auction buyers premium.
Then on the seller’s side if you subtract the fed(20%) and state capital gains (~18% for my state NY) the auction price isn’t so impressive when looking at money in the pocket.
The shocker for me was the low price on the “Big Willie” Daytona. I would’ve thought that car with the history and press would’ve brought more.

5A8707E6-FD7E-4F6A-90CA-D29C076FF5B1.jpeg

70F59331-00C2-49F5-9955-82884514BACB.jpeg

Last edited:
They made a bad call restoring the Big Willie Daytona. The car probably would brought more money in as found condition. They should have done a mechanical restoration on the car and left the body and paint alone.

Auto Transport Service
Back