• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thought I'd share some cool pictures

I know I asked for pre 1980 cars and events, but after seeing alleyoopmgv's picture of the late 80's Dodge Boy's Daytona, it broght back some awesome memories of getting my picture taken with Darrell Alderman in I believe 1988, maybe 1989, so I'm posting that picture along with a few others that I took at that same NHRA race here in Chandler Arizona at the Firebird International Raceway. There is also one picture of two jet cars at a different event at Firebird that I thought you might enjoy. :grin:

Richard

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0009.jpg

Thanks guy's and I'm really glad you are enjoying the pictures! :grin: To me, the 60's and 70's were absolutely the BEST as far as ALL kinds racing goes, as the cars and driver's were just SOOO much cooler back then. :yes:

I totally agree with you Ray, concerning the AWB Charger, as you don't see very many AWB 1966-67 Coronet's or Charger's, or anything else for that matter, because the AWB programs had started to slow down by then and the new "flopper" style "funny Cars" had started to gain favor. Did you also see the AWB and fuel injected 66 Coronet that I posted? :grin:

Here's some "oldies, but goodies" for ya. :grin:

Richard

fire_burnout_afx.jpg

Funk66Dodge,GreerWichita9-30-66DW.jpg

Funk66DodgeWichita9-30-66DW-BruceYoung.jpg

gdr-00073 (2) 67 Coronet.jpg

Gene Snow 68 Charger.jpg

Gene Snow 68 Charger #2.jpg

Gene Snow 70 Challenger.jpg

graebergreer.jpg

Grand Spalding Dodge 7-23-05 1509.jpg

Hairy_Canary Plymouth.jpg

That is a scary thought, I remember the dragstrip when I went for the first time in 1963. I have been hooked ever since. Eat, Sleep and Sh-t hotrods.

Did you also see the AWB and fuel injected 66 Coronet that I posted? :grin:Richard

The silver one with the Cragars? No, I totally missed that one...:grin:

I really liked the Charger due to its uniquness - which as you pointed out was due to the Funny Car movement already being afoot at that time. I just have always liked the AWB cars due to their unique & brief place in automotive racing history. Keep 'em coming... Thanks!

:yes:
Ray

The silver one with the Cragars? No, I totally missed that one...:grin:

I really liked the Charger due to its uniquness - which as you pointed out was due to the Funny Car movement already being afoot at that time. I just have always liked the AWB cars due to their unique & brief place in automotive racing history. Keep 'em coming... Thanks!

:yes:
Ray

I'm with ya Ray, in that you can NEVER see too many pictures of the awesome AWB cars!!! Here's some you might like! :grin:

Richard

65_AFX_post_car_PaperTiger.jpg

1965 Coronet AFX AWB Race Car.jpg

1965 Plymouth AFX AWB car.jpg

1965 Sox & Martin AWB Plymouth #2.jpg

Hanna68Barracuda,BlackEnglishtown5-17-68DT-GaryMorris.jpg

Ramchargers AWB Dodge.jpg

Richard Petty's AFX Plymouth.jpg

Samson 1 66 Dart.jpg

SchickJack67ChargerMilan.jpg

Stardust AWB Charger.jpg

Steele68DodgeEpping5-10-68DW-PaulWasilewski.jpg

Thanks for posting all of cool old pictures. I saw many of those cars when they were running new.

I lived about 30 miles from the Cordova dragstip in Illinois that hosted the annual "world Series of Drag Racing." There were always a lot of big names there for it.

Thanks for the awesome pic of the 70 Coronet!:grin:
Here's a few more from my picture collection.

Richard

Mr Tomato AFX race car.jpg

1962 413 Max Wedge engine.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 convertible with white interior #1.jpg

2004-westchesterelks-fury.jpg

PA210031 1969 Road Runner.jpg

64 Dodge  - red and white.jpg

1969 Barracuda Notch back - black #2.jpg

1969 Barracuda Notchback - black #5.jpg

1965 Plymouth race car - orange.jpg

1965 Plymouth A990 - black #17.jpg

more. RIP Ronnie Sox, you were one of the greatest.

Richard

Pete's Patriot.jpg

Porter67DodgeAlbuquerque6-9-67DN-ChrisJackson.jpg

Power Wagon.jpg

Roland Leong '69 Charger 'Hawaiian' g.jpg

Ronnie_Sox Firestone_tires.jpg

ronnie  Sox & Martin early Cuda.jpg

Ronnie Sox vs Butch Leal.jpg

Ronnie Sox & Buddy Martin.jpg

Sox & Martin - 67 Plymouth.jpg

Sox&Martin 1972 Duster.jpg

Auto Transport Service