• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thought I'd share some cool pictures

more Sox & Martin.

Richard

s-m colt.jpg

Sox & Martin 68 Barracuda.jpg

Sox & Martin 70 Demon.jpg

Sox & Martin 1970 Cuda with red bumper #2.jpg

Sox & Martin 1970 Cuda with the red bumper.jpg

Sox & Martin - 1968 Barracuda #3.jpg

SOX & MARTIN - _2_65_CARS_ON_TRAILER_.jpg

SOX & MARTIN - BACCARUDA AWB.jpg

Sox & Martin Cuda & Superbird.jpg

more.

Richard

Bankerstoy, these pics are great, talked with one of the original race engine development engineers about the shot with the 3 guys around the cross ram wedge, he knew 2 of them by name and mentioned that that was in the transmission dyno room. He also wondered where a shot like that would have come from. GREAT nostalgia!!!

Hi Steve,

Man, that is SOOOO cool that you know someone who actuall knew some of the gentlemen in that awesome factory picture!!! I don't remember where I found that photo, but I have another one that shows the Max Wedge exhaust system that I'll post below and a factory photo of a 4 speed shifter and boot.

Do you think it would be possible for you to ask your friend to come on board here on FBBO and talk to us about that time frame in Mopar history? That would be VERY cool!

I''l check my files and see what I have on the early Ramchargers for you also.

alleyoopmgv,

AWESOME photos!!! Thank you very much for sharing them!!!

Richard

Max Wedge exhaust system.jpg

1963 Dodge factory 4 speed photo.jpg

426 Max Wedge engine.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, The scary part is I remember dam near all the cars and have seen them race somewhere over the last 40 years or so

Thanks for the pictures, The scary part is I remember dam near all the cars and have seen them race somewhere over the last 40 years or so

Yep and I also still have some of the 1960's and 70's magazines that covered all of these beautiful cars also! Hell, I still have around 300 vinyl albums and still had some 8-track tapes before I gave them to a friend of mine last year! :grin:

Richard

Hi Steve,

Here's some Ramchargers goodies for ya. :grin:

Richard

Would you have this photos in high rez? Would make great for my 63 Dodge collection. Also the person I know is former Ramcharger driver Mike Buckel. He's not big into the internet thing, I do most communicating with him by phone. His stories are AWESOME!!! Hearing about breaking in cams on the car trailer going down the highway in the middle of the night. I love hearing about all of them. REALLY great guy. Here's what I presented to him for selecting my car as a celebrity "best of show" at Carlisle this year.

0250139348431.jpg

It was my pleasure meeting him and he bestowed the highest honor to me:

ACN2008-1.jpg

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry, but I do not have that picture in my collection. :sad: That is AWESOME that you received that award and even cooler that Mr. Buckel signed it for you! That is one VERY special trophy!!!

Is there ANY possible way that Mr. Buckel would consider coming on FBBO and sharing his fantastic stories with us? I am absolutely POSITIVE that most EVERYBODY here would be thrilled and honored to talk with him! :yes::grin:

Richard

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry, but I do not have that picture in my collection. :sad: That is AWESOME that you received that award and even cooler that Mr. Buckel signed it for you! That is one VERY special trophy!!!

Is there ANY possible way that Mr. Buckel would consider coming on FBBO and sharing his fantastic stories with us? I am absolutely POSITIVE that most EVERYBODY here would be thrilled and honored to talk with him! :yes::grin:

Richard

He's not really a computer kind of guy where he spends lots of time on the internet. He has his own transport co. that takes up most of his time, I'll check but don't hold your breath.

He's not really a computer kind of guy where he spends lots of time on the internet. He has his own transport co. that takes up most of his time, I'll check but don't hold your breath.

Steve,

Maybe he could e-mail you a few stories and you could then share them with us?

I'm not trying to hound you, but it would be such a shame not to be able to hear some great stories from a man who was an important part of Chrysler's awesome drag racing history! We have lost such greats as Ronnie Sox and Dick Landy to name just a few, so those who are still with us should be considered a national treasure and hopefully they will share their stories with us so that their part in history will never be forgotten.

Some of the younger guy's that I know ask me why I keep so many pictures of these old race cars around and I simply tell them that without these "old race cars" and the great men who built and drove them, their current day drag racing hero's wouldn't be able to do what they do today and that they should read and learn all they can about these 60's and 70's era men and cars from "back in the day". I feel SO lucky to have been aroung to see many of these cars and drivers up close and personal, as seeing them in pictures, or on "you tube" just can't produce the HUGE amount of excitement that seeing them in person did. Sometimes being an "old fart" is a GOOD thing!!! :grin:

Richard

carrr test 038.jpg

Twig001 copy.jpg

Twig Zeigler 1.jpg

72 Snowman 041.jpg

ace1.jpg

ace2.jpg

ace3.jpg

twig 2.jpg

AllenC68BDart1SSDI5-68.jpg

York2004_015.JPG

AllenC68BDart2SSDI5-68.jpg

Flynn66BarracudaMohawk5-13-66ND.jpg

McKesson66PlymouthMohawk5-13-66ND.jpg

Ronnie Lyles 1.jpg

There's got to be a bunch of these racecars left out there....sitting around...gathering dust that nobody wants. And I'd love to find and restore one....especially an early flopper

anyone know where I can buy one CHEAP?

I think this is a good place to ask this question.

I am hoping that maybe some old time members here that are from California might remember the car.

My 1966 Hemi Coronet from what I was told was purchased new to be used as a race car. I have never been able to find anyone that remembers seeing this car in action or knows anything about it.

My car is a 2 door sedan, Medium Turquoise Metallic with a Turquoise interior. It had the original paint on it when I got the car and there was no lettering and not a single sticker on the car. So I assume this was a car that was bought by a "regular guy" that just wanted to race in his spare time and had no sponsorship.

I bought it from the ex-wife of the second owner. According to her, her ex said that he had purchased it from the widow of the guy that bought it new. This was SOMEWHERE in California. According to the state of California the car had never been titled or licensed there. This goes along with the information that the second owner passed along to his ex wife, as he said it was purchased new to race and that is all that had ever been done with it. Unfortunately I have no contact info with the second owner or the ex-wife any longer.

When I bought the car it had a 440 in it, the trans had been switched to a auto with an aftermarket floor shifter (still had the 4 speed pedals in it,) it had the original Hemi engine with it but not installed, and had a 67 grille installed but had the original 66 grille with it.

My GUESS is, that the guy switched classes some time after 1966 and ran the car as a 67 with the 440 and an auto. I have no idea when this took place, and as I say, this is just a guess.

Here is a link that shows the car as it is today and it would have looked the same back in the day only with Turqouise front wheels. Click here to view them.
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...emi Coronet/

I live in Illinois until 1981 when I moved to the Phoenix area. I was not involved in racing at that time and did not follow it in Phoenix or anywhere in the southwest at that time so I know nothing of this car or any of the people that may have been active in the southwest at that time.

So, if anyone remembers my car running at any of the southwestern U.S. drag strips as either a Hemi car or a 440 please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Here are some more oldies but goodies for ya guys.

Richard

AquariusChallenger-RayNestico.jpg

Carter 1968-05a Irwindale Ditty 500.jpg

hawaiian-bonin driving.jpg

Kraus 1967-68 OCIR Plum 500.jpg

Leong 1969-11-09 Carlsbad Lewis 500.jpg

Mallicoat.jpg

Minick 1969 Lions Plum 500.jpg

Ron McKensson '66 Charger 'Limelight'.jpg

S&M HR 2-70-1.jpg

Sites Bros. '68 Barracude 'Bear-a-Cuda' a.jpg

Smith Bros 67.jpg