• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on a CB?

It's kind of surprising to hear how little CBs are used now. Every truck I see on the highway has an antenna on it, but it's not like it was in the 70s or 80s. Even when driving on the highway, there isn't much chatter going on. Back in the day it was hard to get a statement out due to all the gabbing going on, but channel 19 and 11 are both pretty quiet now even with all the truckers around.

I have a CB in my truck, but it is not like it used to be. The newer drivers think the cb is too old school and are too busy talking on their cell phones nowadays. Back in the day you were high-steppin' if you had a cb in your truck. Now,all you get for chatter is some stupid shithead that wants to play his stereo over the cb,or tell you what he did to your "mama" last night. All they are is just a CB RAMBO but they ain't got the balls to back anything up in person. I rarely have my cb on in the truck anymore. When i do have it on, it's because the shipper or reciever needs to let me know what door i have to back into or if i'm on the road the volume is turned down so i can just barely hear it while i'm listening to my own stereo.

You gotta love those unmentionables. :) My only issue with doing stuff like that is having a CB that's transmit more than four miles is only useful if there's someone listening with a rig that can transmit the same distance back.

Not really. Having an Antron 99 over 100 feet up on high ground enables me to hear as far as I transmit. So I can talk to folks who normally couldn't talk to me. I have a friend in Texas I can key up and talk to.....and it's not skip. But then he has a similar setup to mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back