• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tick Tock, the countdown to Friday has begun.

So Mary wants to go to Iraq? There's not much left to see from what I saw on Trip Advisor.
She would for the sake of her father.
I'd go just to see it first hand. Her father was born in Baghdad but left in the mid 60s. He actually went to the same schools that Saddam did.
He would probably find that so much has changed, it would be more of a sad trip than a happy one.

I see nothing! There are no signs of the infidels!

Congratulations Greg! Just keep going don’t slow down much and you’ll be just fine! You made it you made it! If you make it to Illinois the is a glass with a few cubes and three fingers of Sinatra select here for ya... only comes out for good reasons!

Congratulations Greg....... Retirement will reopen up new doors not working.

Stay active always making life interesting everyday without fail and this will help promote longevity.

best wishes Greg.

Mike

Hey Greg, congratulations on your retirement. It's well deserved, and I'm glad you're able to start your second career healthy and in good spirits. Good news for the rest of us, you have more time to start new threads.

Thanks to everyone that had nice things to say. It is greatly appreciated and humbling to find so many people respond to this thread.
Yeah, it was hard work but it didn't kill me. We all are capable of great things if we have the courage to try. I have to remind myself of that very thing though. The past few years, I find myself hesitating to do some things as if I am some frail old guy. I'm not....I still feel great.
Tonight was great....no reason to go to bed early for work tomorrow!

Congrats Greg and best of luck wherever life takes you and yours. Just be sure to stay involved with your extended family here! :drinks:

Today is the LAST official day of my career but I decided to end it last Friday.
An hour ago, I got a text from a woman that I know that is having a house built. I framed and sheeted the roof. Now she wants help with the siding.
I just retired and already I'm being called back in?
This isn't a long term deal. It will probably be a week's worth of work.

1 hmmmm.jpeg

I'm in. I have a car hobby to support.

Hey....Friday has arrived again!
Retirement has been fun, but I'm going back to work.

1 laugh 6.jpg

Kidding.

Actually, I did work two days this week hanging siding on a house I worked on over the Summer.
I did the roof framing on this house:

IMG_0218.JPG

I did the plywood sheeting too.

IMG_0472.JPG

Now, they asked for my help to hang siding. They chose the 4 x 8 sheets of Hardie cement board.

Gang 10.jpg
Gang 11.jpg

This construction thing is like the Mafia.
I thought I was out.....And they pull me back IN.

Congratulations on your retirement Kern - that's something to celebrate, here's to many years of happiness and fulfilment brother!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back