• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tick Tock, the countdown to Friday has begun.

Finally Friday
Happy Dance Carlton Prince of Bel Air.gif

enjoy your retirement/semi-retirement...

It is 1:00 now. We start at 7:00. Fridays we leave at 3:00
When one of my guys retire I take them to breakfast (beer) give them their check or checks depending how good they were and send them on their way!No staying to quitting time!

Congrats, you'll love the freedom to do what you want, when you want. I retired 4 years ago after over 40 years of doing the same job for about 30 different companies. Sometimes I wondered what was like to do a different kind of work like many I worked with, but even though I worked at a lot of places the work was always steady, sometimes too much, as there were so few that did what I did. Only had a few weeks off a year in that four decades and free time was much more scarce than money.

I raced when I was in my 20s & 30s when I could stay up all night working on the car, and then go straight to work. At a certain point I couldn't do it anymore as work had me traveling with no notice. I couldn't race again until I retired and was in my 60s, but I'm doing it now.

From one Union man to another... Every night from now on will be a Friday, and every day a Saturday. Best wishes, I'm sure you'll use your time well. John

forrest-gump-run.gif
spock-star-trek.gif

Congratulations Greg!!!

Have a great time in retirement. Most retirees tell me they are busier than ever in retirement than when they had a job. That's a good thing if you ask me.

Congrats! Oh to be able to walk out into the shop on a daily basis!

I started the day by giving away some extra tools that I had. Air hoses, fittings, electrical power strips, wrenches, drill bits, tool boxes, screwdrivers....all sorts of stuff. I did save what I would need for work if I decide to ever go back part time. I just had extra stuff that was still good but not tip-top. A car guy on the job got some impact sockets and wrenches that I got from an old timer that gave up his car hobby. I have plenty enough.
The day was otherwise uneventful. No injuries, no parades or parties either. I didn't want any fanfare. I shook a few hands and drove away.

Kingpin 1.jpg

I started the day by giving away some extra tools that I had. Air hoses, fittings, electrical power strips, wrenches, drill bits, tool boxes, screwdrivers....all sorts of stuff. I did save what I would need for work if I decide to ever go back part time. I just had extra stuff that was still good but not tip-top. A car guy on the job got some impact sockets and wrenches that I got from an old timer that gave up his car hobby. I have plenty enough.
The day was otherwise uneventful. No injuries, no parades or parties either. I didn't want any fanfare. I shook a few hands and drove away.

View attachment 1365119
What? No tire-frying burnouts?

I was asked about that by a few guys....

Ram Jam 2.JPG

It looks okay for a 15 year old truck but it does have 388,000 miles on it!

View attachment 1365119

No gold watch?

I joined this company August 2021. I was actually looking to retire last year at this time. A Foreman that I'd worked for got hired by this company and wanted my help.....so I obliged. This has been a good company. They aren't like some that strongly push the safety regulations. None of the orange or putrid yellow-green shirts. I've done some things that would get me scolded by other companies but these guys realize that I'm smart enough to work outside of the rules yet not get hurt.
The foreman retired last month so I didn't feel the need to stick around much longer.

Auto Transport Service
Back