• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

time for paint...lets see some 71/72 runners

Don't be ashamed of a Maaco paint job!

car came back from paint. it is a daily driver, and i dont a show car right now so i took it to maaco. looks ok. a lot better than it did, but i wish i had some body work done....a lot of little flaws i didnt even realize were there. BUT, i cant wait to be back on the road and drive it again. I'm sure I'll get some decent bodywork done in the future, but I cant stand seeing all these cars on the road and not having one, plus college tuition comes first. Ill post some more pictures later, but heres one from the paint shop...

72rr2jpg.jpg

Maaco uses quality paint products and most of the time, they shoot a very good to excellent coat of paint. Unfortunately, they do not do a great prep job before painting. You do get what you pay for. IMO black is the absolute worst color to paint a car that isn't laser straight because it shows even minor flaws. I have had a couple great experiences with Maaco painted cars, but the cars were prepped and ready for paint before they left for the Maaco shop. I currently have a 72 Sat getting prepped for paint, and Maaco is high on my list of possible painters for this car. I think a great looking paint job is 90% or more due to meticulous body preparation before the paint. Enjoy what you've got, knowing it looks better than it did, and better than a lot of whatever else is out there.

Last edited:
Now all you need is a flat black strobe stripe. Your car looks great!

100_0841.jpg

Wow hard to pick just one...beautiful Cars Guys!

Not mine but here are a couple more.
71bluex.jpg

124829.jpg

933617185_061415872e.jpg

Please Just let me win the mega lotto 1 time!

Here's one in sassy grass green that I'm working on making a deal on

Evergreen wo 816 084.JPG

heres my 72 will be getting a new white strobe strip put on next spring.really liking forbbodiesonly,the fact they have a 71-74 b-body forum.

car show 014.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back