• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

Time to dust off this old post and update. Finally got back to a track this weekend, first one open in this neck of the woods. Sure hoping my local track opens up at some point this year. Some pics.

Old Gold out into daylight and ready to load up.
3C65EE0C-99C6-4BA0-B08F-0C38FCFE21C1.jpeg

I raced at a track 150 miles west. Hot humid day, mid event downpour. DA on my Altronics bounced around between 5800 to 6100’. Car was sluggish because of, best of day was 10.31@ 130.6. The car works good though, it dead hooks every time and the amount of wheelie pretty much reflects how good the air is. Regardless of that I made it 5 rounds to the semi final before giving it all away with a rookie red.

1C68AC35-AE7F-434A-BAFB-8B36F3247880.png

The highlight of the event had to do with my Grandson who just turned 13. Old enough to enter Junior Street. He unhooked and entered my tow vehicle truck and went all the way to win the day. A picture of myself and the little, or should I say big guy with his award. The word is that he took the hook.
744922AA-1B54-4294-9587-921A276BC795.png

Evan lined up in competition against “farm truck”.
A33C9E70-2C2F-4CC4-9364-776BE934540F.png

Malex, that's awesome that he did that. looks like someone is following your foot steps.

Congrats Malex on a great weekend. If it's hooking on a hot day your in business! Can't wait for some good air reports.

Congrats Malex on a great weekend. If it's hooking on a hot day your in business! Can't wait for some good air reports.
Hi Bob and thanks! Since upgrading to ladders and using Superstock Racers advise on set up every launch has been the same. I’ve done enough spinning and porpoising anyways to last me the rest of time. .
Bad air/ elevation sure makes the car lazy though. The car was a full 3/10ths off.

Malex, that's awesome that he did that. looks like someone is following your foot steps.
—-
Thanks Bearman.
A life long Buddy has given Evan a 63 Plymouth Belvedere more door. Says get it out of the barn. And EVAN’s got plans for that as one can imagine.

I’ve got 5 races in the next 3 weekends to look forward to. 4 points races and a MONEY race! LemonWedge is running great and ready to roll..... Wish me luck!

I’ve got 5 races in the next 3 weekends to look forward to. 4 points races and a MONEY race! LemonWedge is running great and ready to roll..... Wish me luck!
---
Good Luck LW!!! Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Saturdays race race didn’t go well. 1st rd runner up. Should have trusted my weather station app. It said the car would pick up 3 hun when conventional wisdom and my pea sized brain said it’s getting hotter, the car will slow down..... I dialed according to my pea sized brain instead of the weather station, and wasted a .009 light when I found myself way out in front, couldn’t scrub enough, and broke out by .024., taking a mouthful of stripe. Live & learn, right?!

I think that is way #13 and #27 of "101 ways to lose a bracket race" i think i have tried about 50 ways. Succeeded at losing each time!

The weather is a huge factor. As a dedicated racer you learn as you go how it affects your combo. Like Malex stated 60ft isnt just track condition, its power as well. And then there's trusting the weather prediction, the car and yourself without second guessing. I made the same mistake as Lemon Wedge Saturday. 9.19 was the prediction. Dialed 9.18. Got out of the groove and lost .015-.020. Add that to being a .058 r/t and I was done. Taking a tight stripe at speed differential is tough. In this case my opponent almost blew it taking the stripe at .005. That 9.19 dial might carried me to the next round. I find with a 20-25 mph speed differential a .015-.020 stripe is attainable. .040 and up you better not be set to go under cause if your opponent is good you're going home.
Doug

Saturdays race race didn’t go well. 1st rd runner up. Should have trusted my weather station app. It said the car would pick up 3 hun when conventional wisdom and my pea sized brain said it’s getting hotter, the car will slow down..... I dialed according to my pea sized brain instead of the weather station, and wasted a .009 light when I found myself way out in front, couldn’t scrub enough, and broke out by .024., taking a mouthful of stripe. Live & learn, right?!
That hurts!

Auto Transport Service
Back