• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire sizes for 69 charger 15”

RT Dreamin

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Looking for advice on tire sizes for my wheels. They are 15x7 with 4” backspace on the front and 15x8.5 with 5” back space on the back. Any suggestions for tire sizes that would fit best with no rubbing on the wheel wells? These are on a 69 charger that I’m swapping out the original 14” steels

245/60-15 front.
275/60-15 rear.
Those SHOULD fit without rubbing.
Depends on the look you want as well. Same size front and rear?
Close to stock size?

The sizes BLK 68 R/T mentioned are good sizes given your wheel size. You can fit a LOT of tire in those rear wheel wells, but you'd need a 10" rim to really take advantage of that. You could run a 295/50 or a 295/60 in the rear with the 8.5 rims. Personally I think the 295/50 is too short on a larger B body car, but plenty of people like them.

The sizes BLK 68 R/T mentioned are good sizes given your wheel size. You can fit a LOT of tire in those rear wheel wells, but you'd need a 10" rim to really take advantage of that. You could run a 295/50 or a 295/60 in the rear with the 8.5 rims. Personally I think the 295/50 is too short on a larger B body car, but plenty of people like them.
Men and tires... can someone explain what happened with men's mind? Is it the muscular alter ego... or just the creation of an imaginary conditioned idealized self or a kind of mass psychoses or mass formation? Or do the 'musle men' share a 'big tire size'-gene for maximum wheel well fulfilment'? It boggles my mind. Or is it the advertising brain wash of companies who sell rims and tires by touching a Sigmund Freud nerve? Can a man even stand the emotional and mental challenge to leave it as it was designed back in the days. How long can a man stand for 'standard' before he breaks for... more fulfilment of.... his wheel well? Does he think it will attrack more women or is it the higher ranking on the scale of monkey power? Is it the oposite of the 'big tit' attracks more men feature? Can anyone tell me the difference in the feeling before and after? Is it the implanted feature of us 'buying hapiness machines'? Does anyone know of any research on this?

Last edited:
What the F are you talking about? Some people like stock tires, some people don’t. Plus, everyone knows engineers aren’t always the smartest. I’m of the opinion that unfilled wheel wells look dorky.

275/60 r15 works well on the rear. Unless you are going for max handling I prefer something like a 235 70 15 on the front. 1 inch shorter for a little rake and still tall enough to fill the fenderwell. Plenty of rubber on the ground without dragging a wide front tire around. Easier to steer at lower speeds.
Just my personal opinion.

Men and tires... can someone explain what happened with men's mind? Is it the muscular alter ego... or just the creation of an imaginary conditioned idealized self or a kind of mass psychoses or mass formation. Or do the 'musle men' share a 'big tire size'-gene for maximum wheel well fulfilment'? It boggles my mind. Or is it the advertising brain wash of companies who sell rims and tires by touching a Sigmund Freud nerve? Can a man even stand the emotional and mental challenge to leave it as it was designed back in the days. How long can a man stand for 'standard' before he breaks for... more fulfilment of.... his wheel well? Does he think it will attrack more women or is it the higher ranking on the scale of monkey power? Is it the oposite of the 'big tit' attracks more men feature? Can anyone tell me the difference in the feeling before and after? Is it the implanted feature of us 'buying hapiness machines'? Does anyone know of any research on this?

Performance and aesthetics.

If that boggles the mind, best of luck to you.

Men and tires... can someone explain what happened with men's mind? Is it the muscular alter ego... or just the creation of an imaginary conditioned idealized self or a kind of mass psychoses or mass formation. Or do the 'musle men' share a 'big tire size'-gene for maximum wheel well fulfilment'? It boggles my mind. Or is it the advertising brain wash of companies who sell rims and tires by touching a Sigmund Freud nerve? Can a man even stand the emotional and mental challenge to leave it as it was designed back in the days. How long can a man stand for 'standard' before he breaks for... more fulfilment of.... his wheel well? Does he think it will attrack more women or is it the higher ranking on the scale of monkey power? Is it the oposite of the 'big tit' attracks more men feature? Can anyone tell me the difference in the feeling before and after? Is it the implanted feature of us 'buying hapiness machines'? Does anyone know of any research on this?
f5847c02041ff76ab1c4f7158436024a.jpg

I've done some research myself.
Now I have wider tires on my Plymouth I get laid every night. My wife can't resist me.
Before that, when I had factory skinny tires on there it was drier than the Sahara desert...

Are you male or female ?

I’m going to post something that may not be popular - there is a potential safety issue if you put tires on that are too wide for the rim width. Several online “calculators” will provide info on the actual over bulge or under fill of a rim with recommended min/max tire sizes. 295 should be on a 10”, but folks run it on an 8”. I have the 295 on a 9”.

For fitment, I use this link:
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

Dante-Is-Blown-Away-By-His-Own-Weed-When-Hanging-Out-With-Mr.-Cheezle-Alex-In-Grandmas-Boy_408...jpg

245/60-15 front.
275/60-15 rear.
Those SHOULD fit without rubbing.
Depends on the look you want as well. Same size front and rear?
Close to stock size?
Thanks, I’m looking for a little more in the well, the current stock 14’s are lost in there especially with the tires that are on them. I want the functionality (handling, safe for the rim size, no rubbing in turns/bumps etc, stability) but a little more “fill” than what it is now

275/60 r15 works well on the rear. Unless you are going for max handling I prefer something like a 235 70 15 on the front. 1 inch shorter for a little rake and still tall enough to fill the fenderwell. Plenty of rubber on the ground without dragging a wide front tire around. Easier to steer at lower speeds.
Just my personal opinion.
Pretty much what I’m looking for, good safe handling and better fill in the wells.

I’m going to post something that may not be popular - there is a potential safety issue if you put tires on that are too wide for the rim width. Several online “calculators” will provide info on the actual over bulge or under fill of a rim with recommended min/max tire sizes. 295 should be on a 10”, but folks run it on an 8”. I have the 295 on a 9”.

For fitment, I use this link:
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets
I just want a good handling and safe tire that will fill in the well a little bit. The 14s with the tires that are on there seem lost in those wells. So nothing to big nor major, just a little more fill. I got these rims because it’s the style I like and they were 15s, which I felt was what i was looking for, a little bigger but nothing drastic. I drive it for fun and to local car shows, not drag strips. It’s pretty much a survivor so didn‘t want to change it to much. I’ll look at the web site again, but honestly I wasn’t sure how to utilize it (very uneducated in tires and sizing). Thanks for the advice!

These fit, it handles better, and I more traction.

Chrysler O.E. Steel, Black, 15 in. x 10 in., 5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle, 5.50 in. Backspace
Part Number: WVI-63-5012052
Wheel Vintiques 63-5012052 Wheel Vintiques 63 Series O.E. Chrysler Black Wheels | Summit Racing
Wheel, Chrysler O.E. Style, Steel, Black, 15 in. x 8 in., 5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle, 4.00 in. Backspace
Part Number:
WVI-63-581204

Wheel Vintiques 63-581204 Wheel Vintiques 63 Series O.E. Chrysler Black Wheels | Summit Racing

Tire, Cobra GT, P245/60R15, Radial, 1,620 lbs. Maximum Load, T Speed Rating, Solid White Letters
COO-39613
Cooper Tires 160008024 Cooper Cobra G/T Tires | Summit Racing
Tire, Cobra GT, P295/50R15, Radial, 2,061 lbs. Maximum Load, S Speed Rating, Solid White Letters
COO-39602
Cooper Tires 160007024 Cooper Cobra G/T Tires | Summit Racing

IMG_7377.jpeg

IMG_7302.jpeg

What the F are you talking about? Some people like stock tires, some people don’t. Plus, everyone knows engineers aren’t always the smartest. I’m of the opinion that unfilled wheel wells look dorky.
Just questioning. Dorky? So it's about to get to as far as possible to the '0' on the scale of dorkiness you think? Wow. So, we have to pump up our 'wheel wells' look less dorky then. Interesting.

I just want a good handling and safe tire that will fill in the well a little bit. The 14s with the tires that are on there seem lost in those wells. So nothing to big nor major, just a little more fill. I got these rims because it’s the style I like and they were 15s, which I felt was what i was looking for, a little bigger but nothing drastic. I drive it for fun and to local car shows, not drag strips. It’s pretty much a survivor so didn‘t want to change it to much. I’ll look at the web site again, but honestly I wasn’t sure how to utilize it (very uneducated in tires and sizing). Thanks for the advice!
I am interested in your wheel/tire set up with the 14", mag wheels, I assume. I understand that you have had 14"? Which tires and sizes ?
Can you post some pictures with the 14" mag wheels on?

Auto Transport Service
Back