• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To all the Red X’s out there

I've been getting the red X lately too. Just got one today on a year old post of mine. Last week it was on a 3 year old post. I been getting then on newer post too and of course never a reason. Always a red ghost X.
Sometimes I get them from members that have 50 posts in 10 years. Those dudes don't contribute much to the forum anyway.
By the way....If you have a member on IGNORE, you don't see them quoting you or any alerts they send your way. My RED X count would be a lot higher if I didn't have 29 members on my IGNORE list.

Sometimes I get them from members that have 50 posts in 10 years. Those dudes don't contribute much to the forum anyway.
By the way....If you have a member on IGNORE, you don't see them quoting you or any alerts they send your way. My RED X count would be a lot higher if I didn't have 29 members on my IGNORE list.
Was it something I said?

Here’s a red X, I wouldn’t mind owning.

View attachment 1446527View attachment 1446528
I agree!

chrome magnum.jpg

Was it something I said?
There are a variety of reasons that I've chosen to block people.
Most of them are idiots or politically opposite and stubborn about it. Some are decent people but they just annoy me. Others have such shitty writing skills, it pains me to read what they post.

Well, I haven't been here long and recently got my 1st red X. From a member with 3 posts in almost 10 years. I guess he/she has more to say about what I have to say than they have to say. Or something like that. Anyway, I'm sleeping just fine!
A member gave a nickname for red X's with NO comment - 'Drive by X-ing'. Lol, fine X away but have the curtesy to offer a little explanation of the X.

A member gave a nickname for red X's with NO comment - 'Drive by X-ing'. Lol, fine X away but have the curtesy to offer a little explanation of the X.
I shoulda patented that one.... :)

I wonder how many X 's are actually accidentals, caused by the design of the site's web app (button in close proximity
to where peoples' meathooks grab the page to scroll down)??

I shoulda patented that one.... :)

I wonder how many X 's are actually accidentals, caused by the design of the site's web app (button in close proximity
to where peoples' meathooks grab the page to scroll down)??
We're seeing quite a few accidental Red X's across the F*BO sites......mostly executed on phones.....the buttons are two easily touched, or close together depending on the device.

On a computer/laptop, it is much more defined, so less confusion.

We're seeing quite a few accidental Red X's across the F*BO sites......mostly executed on phones.....the buttons are two easily touched, or close together depending on the device.

On a computer/laptop, it is much more defined, so less confusion.
I have rarely made this mistake.
I'll tell you this though....There are many here that never care enough to show any appreciation for others. They NEVER click a like/agree/thanks or even the dreaded red X.
I click my appreciation (Like-Agree-Thanks) for everyone that posts something worthwhile EXCEPT for the stingy dudes that clearly don't care about other opinions.

I'll tell you this though....There are many here that never care enough to show any appreciation for others. They NEVER click a like/agree/thanks or even the dreaded red X.
I click my appreciation (Like-Agree-Thanks) for everyone that posts something worthwhile EXCEPT for the stingy dudes that clearly don't care about other opinions.
I don't quite keep track of 'em like you might do, but my sentiment is the same....
Liking, agreeing or thanking someone for their post doesn't cost a dime and is easy - and we all want GOOD
contributions to the site, right?
Those posts are the lifeblood of this forum, after all.

...especially those who you go out of your way to offer support, advice or even trade parts to help them out..... sheeesh.

I don't quite keep track of 'em like you might do, but my sentiment is the same....
Liking, agreeing or thanking someone for their post doesn't cost a dime and is easy - and we all want GOOD
contributions to the site, right?
Those posts are the lifeblood of this forum, after all.
I got hit with one this week that made zero sense based on the post content, an observation about how the new car dealers in my town migrated from downtown to the outskirts in the 1960s. I got curious, and when I looked at the guy’s history, it showed a continuous string of red, no positives of any kind. I’ve run across these types in other settings, so not surprised to see a few in a group this large. Seems to be a low number, which is encouraging.

I got hit with one this week that made zero sense based on the post content, an observation about how the new car dealers in my town migrated from downtown to the outskirts in the 1960s. I got curious, and when I looked at the guy’s history, it showed a continuous string of red, no positives of any kind. I’ve run across these types in other settings, so not surprised to see a few in a group this large. Seems to be a low number, which is encouraging.
That type usually gets bored of the lack of attention and move on eventually....thankfully.

I’ve noticed that it is easier to fat finger a reaction ever since the format (upgrade) for pop up ads!!!! Hmmmmm.

On a computer/laptop, it is much more defined, so less confusion.IPhone or even IPad because your finger is constantly touching or swiping
This

iPhone or IPad because your finger is constantly swiping up on pages

Especially after a few beers

Thanks , apparently just happened with me but if I leave an X I will leave a reply

Is a private message necessary though

Maybe
Maybe not

iPhone or IPad because your finger is constantly swiping up on pages

Especially after a few beers

Thanks , apparently just happened with me but if I leave an X I will leave a reply

Is a private message necessary though
Not really necessary. You can take the X away you know. Just touch the "Remove" button.

Yes I know

But if your swiping pages with your fat finger and didn’t realize you hit the red X

Maybe move the red X so it’s not so easy to accidentally touch

I voice text when using my phone and my biggest problem is hitting the 'send' button when I meant to hit the mic button. They are one above the other and close.

Yes I know

But if your swiping pages with your fat finger and didn’t realize you hit the red X

Maybe move the red X so it’s not so easy to accidentally touch
Already been suggested.

Auto Transport Service
Back