• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too Cold to Cruise in Winter

FlagCraig

Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Sun is out and no moister on the road. It's a Saturday or Sunday.

What is the lowest temp you will take the car out for a cruise?

30 degrees for me.

If there is no precipitation on the road, I don't think there is a minimum per se for me.

we went cruising last nite and it was collllllllld.
had a great time tho,and everyone liked the car.
sucked having to wash it so late at nite but,
cars are meant to be Driven.

Typically i wouldn't drive it til spring time when the salt is washed off the roads but we've been lucky with snow so far and barely had any salt on the ground so I would probably take it out if it was 35 and sunny

Typically i wouldn't drive it til spring time when the salt is washed off the roads but we've been lucky with snow so far and barely had any salt on the ground so I would probably take it out if it was 35 and sunny
I agree with you. I won't take my car out until we've had a good hard rain wash all of the salt brine off the roads around here. Like I said in another thread, the county I live in has fallen in love with spraying de-icer on all the roads around here if there is even a hint of frost or ice anywhere. It's a huge waste of money to me. I won't even drive my pickup in it if I can avoid it.

It's nice here finally sunny hi-40*'s - 50*'s, after months of rain & snow
{we really needed, we got a ton more than avereage}

I usually don't like to drive my collector type car on the sanded roads &
where there's ice & remnants of snow still...
We don't have salt they use pumas or sand crap...

I can drive most anywhere for like almost 11 months of the year
"usually"

I do live in the Sierra mountains, roads are rough in the winter
I just wait till nicer days or just cruise around my complex/neighborhood
I have 300+ days of great sunny weather, so I'm not "jonesing"
for a drive in less than good conditions or we have 90% nice weather
most all year round, with spurts of liquid sunshine :BangHead:...

My car likes the cool fresh air in the cold,
the tires don't/won't hook very well thou :lol:

living in Los Angeles, you can drive almost year round. i always check for rain in the forecast though (won't drive in wet conditions). Also, don't have heater hoses hooked up and choke valve is removed for hood clearance, but doesn't affect the drivability. as with Budnicks, my RR loves the cool fresh air.

Auto Transport Service
Back