• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winter parking

I run non ethanol premium in the old cars and all small engines. In the Hemi, I run a lot of 110, so there's at least some in the tank even if I'm running 91 octane unleaded. When I go down to the Milwaukee area for the two shows I go to down there, I top off in a county at the edge of the ethanol DMZ on my way down so I have enough to get back home. There's a place near one of the shows in Waukesha that sells 110. I fill up there when I get down there.

For winter storage, I fill the tanks with gas treated with Stabil, then I dump some ATF down the carbs to fog the engines before shutting them down for the duration. They always fire right up in the spring. They just smoke for a bit, but it goes away. :moparsmiley:

top off in a county at the edge of the ethanol DMZ
My stops for good gas are in Neosho or Ashippun – makes for the route of a nice ride in the summers and fill ups before winter hibernating being around 30-miles from home.

Auto Transport Service
Back