• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tool addict confessions

70chall440

Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
So I have been accused of being a tool addict and upon retrospect I have to admit that I do love new tools. Recently I happened upon a YouTube channel that has a series of Friday videos in which the poster examines tools. There was a like 100+ videos and I went through most, I already had many of the tools he reviewed but there were a few I didn't have and figured i needed. There were also some I didn't have but don't want.

Anyway, as a result of this video series and some wants I already had I ended up buying a significant number of new tools last week, here is a list (note, most of these tools were pretty cheap overall with the exception of the slip roller)

- 40" slip roller (I had made one but it really didn't do what I need)
- counter sink set (had some but they suck)
- big gator V drill guide (always thought about getting one)
- long reach markers (highly recommend them)
- up right snips (I have 3-5 snips already but not one in this orientation)
- sheet metal folding tool (cheap handy little tool if you do sheet metal work)
- tube notcher (I don't do a lot of tube work but will when I do my RR)
- welding tab holder x 2 (big and small) (looks like a very handy deal)
- Strong Arm grasshopper (if you TIG weld, this thing looks bad ***)
- small oil filter wrench (needed one for my wife's Subaru)
- sheet metal scribe (not sure how well it will work but it was cheap and looks promising)
- bearing packer (I have done it the old school way for years plus I have a HF version which is super messy, this one is cheap but looks like a better mouse trap)
- reverse brake bleeder (I saw one on a car show and was interested, since I work alone I thought it would be handy. I have a Motive pressure system which works but we will see how this one does)
- bench mounted sheet metal hole punch (have a hand version but always wanted to bench mount it then I found this one, a Grizzly)
- brake caliper expander (looks neat but we will see, might be a cheap POS)
- Magswitch 500 (has a 550# break away and I am going to use it on my welding table bc it has threaded holes that I can mount clamps to)

There might be a thing or 2 I forgot and now that I look at the list it is a bit extensive... guess I am a tool addict...

:lol:

Last edited:
we all are, never have enough :thumbsup:

Last edited:
No zip tie pliers? I've got to get one of those! And like a dumbass I sold my slip roll....

I had the addiction for 28 years. I'm surprised I don't miss it.

tool truck.jpg

Being an electrician and going up into ceilings usually behind other electricians. I find lots of tools laying on or near light fixtures. I still get tickled when I find tools my coworker gets mad when I find them. The last tools I found were a pair of brand new 440 Channel locks and a brand new set of glow in the dark wire strippers. But have found testers, screw drivers, pipe cutters, hammers etc etc. I had to tell him how to find these tools. When you open a ceiling tile scan around you for as far as the flashlight will allow you to see. My neighbors think I have lots of tools but I have seen some of your shop setups. Mine pale in comparison but I still buy what I need. Hell, I bought a timing tool set for a ford 4.0 v6 only used it once and now its just 100.00 wasted sitting on a shelf. But I have it if I need it again.

I’m a tool junkie, as well.
I only buy quality, made in the USA, stuff (with rare exceptions).
I buy a lot of used stuff, because most of it is better than what’s available, new.
I search eBay. Lots of gold in those hills.
I’ve recently (last couple years) added quite a bit to my machinists tools.

I suffer from the same addiction but with me its wood working tools and there is always something new that comes out. My biggest problems are my floor tools...$$$$$$
Craig's List can be a huge gold mine if you know what you are looking at and the value. Always looking for nice pieces of wood for turning

SuperMax1938drumsander.jpg RouterTable.jpg New1840jetlathewguard.jpg Craftsman618jointerplaner.jpg newtoolrackwithRobertSourbytools.jpg Contractors10inchtablesawwnewfence.jpg Drillpressdustcollector.jpg Lathebasewoodstorage.jpg SpaltedMaple.jpg

Last edited:
I suffer from the same addiction but with me its wood working tools and there is always something new that comes out. My biggest problems are my floor tools...$$$$$$
Craig's List can be a huge gold mine if you know what you are looking at and the value. Always looking for nice pieces of wood for turning

View attachment 1069057 View attachment 1069058 View attachment 1069059 View attachment 1069060 View attachment 1069061 View attachment 1069071 View attachment 1069072 View attachment 1069074 View attachment 1069075
ooh a woodworker nice :thumbsup: yup Cl is a gold mine

Auto Transport Service
Back