• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion Bar adjuster bolt

Encswsm

Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
Good morning all,
I recently bought new Torsion Bar adjuster Bolt and Bracket from Rare Parts. Yesterday as I was putting my Lower Control Arm in I noticed the bolt provided in the new kit is about 3/4" shorter than the one I'm replacing, do you think this is OK?
I don't remember how far the original one was screwed in when I took it apart. Also should I put Anti-Seize on the adjuster when I assemble it?
Thanks

See if you can find a good original bolt.
We've had people show pictures of stripped reproduction bolts here.

Yes antiseize is a good idea.
Just grease should be okay as well.

See if you can find a good original bolt.
We've had people show pictures of stripped reproduction bolts here.

Yes antiseize is a good idea.
Just grease should be okay as well.
I may just use the one that came out of it. It looked ok I had just read that it was good to replace them.

There is a thread on A bodies where they said there may be a size difference from left to right side.

There is a thread on A bodies where they said there may be a size difference from left to right side.
I would like to see that thread. WOW some of the BS people come up with. Torsion bars yes, adjusting bolts, no.

Where do these people come from?
1710856241887.png

Stick to the B body site.

The way I read the Abody thread is the visible thread length below the LCA was different from side to side - not that the overall length of the adjuster bolts were different side to side. That means the bolts were most likely adjusted differently from side to side.

There are different length bolts for these from
Chrysler. I don't t believe the length matters much as long as you have threads left to adjust it.

Factory bolts generally better than the aftermarket

The way I read the Abody thread is the visible thread length below the LCA was different from side to side - not that the overall length of the adjuster bolts were different side to side. That means the bolts were most likely adjusted differently from side to side.
there was a photo someone took of two bolts from the same car at different lengths. Not arguing ..

Didn’t see that in the post. I don’t think the factory used different length bolts from side to side by design.

Didn’t see that in the post. I don’t think the factory used different length bolts from side to side by design.
Why would they?
The lower control arms are a mirror image of each other.
Even with the engine more towards the passenger side with just the driver the weight would be nearly identical on the two arms.
Every car I've ever worked on the bolts were the same.
But I've never worked on a Super Track Pak car or anything like that.

Guys, it's been 50+ years, things get swapped on these cars.

These bolts sit still for years and if you dont spend some time wire brushing rust, degreasing and soaking with penetrant they will not tirn smooth and destroy themselves. Sometime you can't save them.

Auto Transport Service
Back