• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tr6060 floor pan mods

NWA Super Bee

Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone share photos of their floor pan modifications for a 3rd Gen B body with a tr6060. Im currently swapping my 71 with a 6.1 crate and 6060...just finished up a new American Autowire harness swap, now comes the fun part, stuffing a new drivetrain in!

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps but I put a 4L80E, GM 6 speed behind my 383 and di massive mods to tunnel nd frame supports for the tranny. This is a picture of tunnel, going from OE 727 to the huge GM. Good luck with your mods! Mocajava
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1059.JPG

Its not just the pan, its the entire torsion bar crossmember too. You really need the trans up in the tunnel to get the driveline angles correct. See attached for what I did. The TR6060 has very limited crossmember mounting options available and you will likely need to make your own mounts and reinforcements. The stock Challenger mount sits wayyyy too low as I found out. I used a modified Holley adaptor meant for a truck hemi swap and made my own crossmember and new support.

https://www.holley.com/products/eng...engine_and_transmission_mounts/parts/WB130014

If I had to do it all over again I would have used the US Car Tool perimeter frame kit with their TR6060 mount:

http://store.uscartool.com/66-to-70-B-Body-Transmission-Tunnel-Perimeter-Frame_p_246.html

http://store.uscartool.com/Universa...-Gen3-Hemi-Swap-TR6060-OEM-6-Speed_p_249.html

Yes it is expensive, but you would save a ton of time and headaches. I installed their full chassis stiffening kit and it was all top notch stuff. Everything of theirs that I touched clearly had lots time and engineering put into it.

-Rick

PXL_20210606_001158161.jpg PXL_20201230_153509427.jpg

Its not just the pan, its the entire torsion bar crossmember too. You really need the trans up in the tunnel to get the driveline angles correct. See attached for what I did. The TR6060 has very limited crossmember mounting options available and you will likely need to make your own mounts and reinforcements. The stock Challenger mount sits wayyyy too low as I found out. I used a modified Holley adaptor meant for a truck hemi swap and made my own crossmember and new support.

White Box WB130014 White Box Transmission Crossmember Adapter Bracket for TR6060 Transmission

If I had to do it all over again I would have used the US Car Tool perimeter frame kit with their TR6060 mount:

USCT1M1803-66 to 70 B-Body Transmission Tunnel Perimeter Fra

USCTAM2046-Transmission Crossmember for Gen3 Hemi Swap TR606

Yes it is expensive, but you would save a ton of time and headaches. I installed their full chassis stiffening kit and it was all top notch stuff. Everything of theirs that I touched clearly had lots time and engineering put into it.

-Rick

View attachment 1120811 View attachment 1120816
Hey Rick, I'm getting ready to dive into a tr6060, 6.4l swap and just curious were the top mount shifter came out in the floor pan area. I've been looking at the uscartool frame but I'm worried the shifter comes out directly in the middle of the top crossmember support. What are your thoughts? The swap is going into a 69 coronet.

Hey Rick, I'm getting ready to dive into a tr6060, 6.4l swap and just curious were the top mount shifter came out in the floor pan area. I've been looking at the uscartool frame but I'm worried the shifter comes out directly in the middle of the top crossmember support. What are your thoughts? The swap is going into a 69 coronet.
Sorry for the late reply! The USCartool unit actually replaces the center of the stock crossmember support and you just cut that area out. It appears to be made of thick gauge metal and is sort of a perimeter frame design because you are right, the shifter and crossmember support occupy a lot of the same space. The location of the shifter will be almost entirely dependent on the engine mounts and adaptors used as well. I went with the Holley system for engine mount brackets and ended up using solid mounts that have about an inch of fwd/rear adjustment.

All good, thank you for your reply I've been looking into the USCT perimeter tunnel and from the very few images that I've seen I think it will create an issue still due to the location they have their " 3/16 upper crossover" it's in the factory location as the original upper member but is wider and more squared off. I'll try to include a the image I was looking at. After lots of back and forth I think I'm going to bit the bullet save the 1300-ish and fab one. I'll try an post some pics of the progress if anyone else is interested. If you had a guess using the truck adapter from holley for the tr6060 how far behind the OE crossmember does the plate sit? I'm debating on using DOM tubing and bending out and back for the lower member and building an attachment to allow it to use a GM style mount and brackets to bolt it into the OE portion on the crossmember that's left.

Screenshot_20230221_002258.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back