• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tranny slider linkage

Gregg DeGeorge

Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Hello I put together a 70 Roadrunner with a 440 auto Tranny,having trouble getting it to shift right ,car shifts to fast ,I tried adjusting rods to the longest position ,still no difference,springs are from hardware store ,any ideas were to start ?Car was a basket case off this fourm but I was able to find the correct linkage ,just can’t dial it in ,car shifts fine manually thanks Gregg

OK, so when you're in "drive" you feel like the car should rev up higher before shifting from 1-2 or from 2-3? I think the linkage you've been messing with affects how the car downshifts, not upshifts.

Show us a clear photo of the drivers side of the carb (linkage) I bet you need a extension adapter.

OK, so when you're in "drive" you feel like the car should rev up higher before shifting from 1-2 or from 2-3? I think the linkage you've been messing with affects how the car downshifts, not upshifts.
Yes it shifts way to fast ,feels like a. 6 cyl no balls ,car had well built 440 the auto transmission is killing the performance,I thought that linkage controls the shifts ??

Auto Transport Service
Back