• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission Oil Cooler

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
My '63 is nearing completion, and I'd like to add a transmission cooler to it. Since there were no Factory options I'm aware of, what have any of you used, that work, fit, and look decent ? Mine is not built for racing, but may see some occasional strip time, 440 stroker, 727, deep pan, stock radiator. Any, and All info welcome, Thanks...

I second the B&M plate type transmission cooler. I run mine stand alone and don't use the cooler in the radiator. 440'

My '63 is nearing completion, and I'd like to add a transmission cooler to it. Since there were no Factory options I'm aware of, what have any of you used, that work, fit, and look decent ? Mine is not built for racing, but may see some occasional strip time, 440 stroker, 727, deep pan, stock radiator. Any, and All info welcome, Thanks...

I actually have an old school one I got from a member here a few years back. PM me if interested

I'm using a Trucool LPD 4707 cooler. It has 5/16" inverted flare bosses so it can be hardlined to the radiator and transmission. I'm not a fan of rubber lines.
https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/product/LNG-4707.html
20160117_191928.jpg

My trio of Earls units. Engine, trans and p/s. Mounted on top of the stone shield behind the bumper.

FB9BCA3A-3595-4C88-9C79-85D490E018EF.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back