Transparent distributer cap?

Tony Tee

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Are they available anywhere? Saw a YouTube video from garage 54 and now I want one. but I can't find one to fit my 440.

DodgeBoy5150

Made in the U.S.A.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Clear cap.jpg

They are out there :thumbsup:

Cheapsunglasses

In Rust We Trust!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
I’d love to find one too, I think a member here found one and used it on his car. They’re so cool

Tony Tee

Local time
Reaction score
Very cool! I'll keep looking. but if anyone knows where I can buy one. Please let me know. Thanks in advance. Tony.

diesel_lv

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out for a bolt on wing for you guys too

Cheapsunglasses

In Rust We Trust!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out for a bolt on wing for you guys too
Why? There is no similarity between a distributor cap and a wing…but if you can find a Superbird wing, my 68 GTX would love it

diesel_lv

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
Apparently some don't have sarcastic sense of humor. They do have "1" actual use though. Checking #1 TDC and 10° for FI controlled timing instead of drilling a hole.

RJRENTON

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Cool just for fun but I bet quality is poor. Contact @HALIFAXHOPS for some good stuff.
I concur.....looking "cool" means?? IMO, the most important consideration is NOT the cool factor (whatever that is) but the DI-ELECTRIC STRENGTH of the cap matetial AND its ability to tolerate the high under hood temperature and the OZONE GAS generated by the arc from the moving rotor tip and the individual spark plug terminal on the ID of the cap. What is the cap matetial made from.....Plexiglas or Lexan....there are significant differences in strength and dielectric performance. Ozone gas can become corrosive and is an oxygen derrived compound....Ozone is O3 and should be vented. There was a reason that this item fell out of favor....likely internal flash over and tracking between terminals......i'll stick with the alkyd resin or bakelite material.....just my opinion...
BOB RENTON

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I concur.....looking "cool" means?? IMO, the most important consideration is NOT the cool factor (whatever that is) but the DI-ELECTRIC STRENGTH of the cap matetial AND its ability to tolerate the high under hood temperature and the OZONE GAS generated by the arc from the moving rotor tip and the individual spark plug terminal on the ID of the cap. What is the cap matetial made from.....Plexiglas or Lexan....there are significant differences in strength and dielectric performance. Ozone gas can become corrosive and is an oxygen derrived compound....Ozone is O3 and should be vented. There was a reason that this item fell out of favor....likely internal flash over and tracking between terminals......i'll stick with the alkyd resin or bakelite material.....just my opinion...
BOB RENTON

I was going to say that.

Cheapsunglasses

In Rust We Trust!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think this thread was started to debate weather they suck IMO