• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transparent distributer cap?

Tony Tee

Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
Are they available anywhere? Saw a YouTube video from garage 54 and now I want one. but I can't find one to fit my 440.

Clear cap.jpg

They are out there :thumbsup:

Very cool! I'll keep looking. but if anyone knows where I can buy one. Please let me know. Thanks in advance. Tony.

I'll keep an eye out for a bolt on wing for you guys too

Cool just for fun but I bet quality is poor. Contact @HALIFAXHOPS for some good stuff.

Apparently some don't have sarcastic sense of humor. They do have "1" actual use though. Checking #1 TDC and 10° for FI controlled timing instead of drilling a hole.

Cool just for fun but I bet quality is poor. Contact @HALIFAXHOPS for some good stuff.
I concur.....looking "cool" means?? IMO, the most important consideration is NOT the cool factor (whatever that is) but the DI-ELECTRIC STRENGTH of the cap matetial AND its ability to tolerate the high under hood temperature and the OZONE GAS generated by the arc from the moving rotor tip and the individual spark plug terminal on the ID of the cap. What is the cap matetial made from.....Plexiglas or Lexan....there are significant differences in strength and dielectric performance. Ozone gas can become corrosive and is an oxygen derrived compound....Ozone is O3 and should be vented. There was a reason that this item fell out of favor....likely internal flash over and tracking between terminals......i'll stick with the alkyd resin or bakelite material.....just my opinion...
BOB RENTON

I concur.....looking "cool" means?? IMO, the most important consideration is NOT the cool factor (whatever that is) but the DI-ELECTRIC STRENGTH of the cap matetial AND its ability to tolerate the high under hood temperature and the OZONE GAS generated by the arc from the moving rotor tip and the individual spark plug terminal on the ID of the cap. What is the cap matetial made from.....Plexiglas or Lexan....there are significant differences in strength and dielectric performance. Ozone gas can become corrosive and is an oxygen derrived compound....Ozone is O3 and should be vented. There was a reason that this item fell out of favor....likely internal flash over and tracking between terminals......i'll stick with the alkyd resin or bakelite material.....just my opinion...
BOB RENTON

I was going to say that.

Auto Transport Service
Back