• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tremec TKX 5 speed behind Hellcat engine?

Chopper1967

Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

has anyone leaned on a TKX manual trans hard enough to know the strength of this unit?

Just brainstorming trying to figure out a drivetrain combo, I would like the TKX for the simplicity and lack of mods to the floor to make it fit.

Thanks!

I’d stick with the advertised torque ratings because we all know even with those they still let loose sometimes..

Here is a TKX behind a 6.4 crate Hemi using Holley mounts in a 67 B Body. Height of shifter "tower" and contact with the drivers side of tunnel result in more mods being needed than I hoped. I think I would get the tranny needed to match the power output of your engine.

KIMG0931.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a TKX behind a 6.4 crate Hemi using Holley mounts in a 67 B Body. Height of shifter "tower" and contact with the drivers side of tunnel result in more mods being needed than I hoped. I think I would get the tranny needed to match the power output of your engine.

View attachment 1208137

Awesome, a 6.4 crate engine is definitely a possibility. did you consider the SST "perfect fit" kit? I'm wondering how well it fits.

Awesome, a 6.4 crate engine is definitely a possibility. did you consider the SST "perfect fit" kit? I'm wondering how well it fits.
I am using the SST kit but it is designed for tranny to be in stock location. The Holley mounts move the engine about an inch farther forward so I had to lengthen the slots in the tranny crossmember to get the bolts in.

Auto Transport Service
Back