• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick Flows on the 440.....

Is that just temporary plumbing as the rear carb has more access to the fuel and the centre carb could run lean

Oh really? Why do you say that? You are a fluid flow engineer?

Guys this is Awsome Stuff the AGRO YOU ARE SAVING US IS "PRICELESS" what
size jets in the 350cfm #66? And In/Out # 80s ---#84s Very curious !!!

Bad Bee, I'd have to ask Jim but I think I put 66's center and 84's outers. I suffer from CRS and have to write everything down.

Looks great Jim! Hope you don't mind the temporary choke spring. Figured the less clutter the better.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be in my 69 GTX thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I did put 66's in center, couldn't find the outers on my thread but I think 86's maybe. I thought they would need more fuel than stock and kinda used other peoples jetting for a base to start at. Jim may have changed them before fire up but not sure.

Nice !! There's a good thread if you google Mopar 440/Six pack from Hot Rod
magazine, they ran the six pack and changed the jets,metering blocks and ran it on the Dyno comparing it to 4 barrel,etc. They also used Quick Fuel Metering
blocks and the pro max base plate, I think centers were 66s and ob/inb were 86s
You not the only one with CRS!!! It's been a while if I find the Article I'll post it!!
AWSOME WORK JIMMY!!! like the LADY SAYS------/DON'T STOP NOW!!!

Torque Curve?

3 grand to 5,500 rpm.........

Tim Borrall 440 077.jpg

Tim Borrall 440 077.jpg

Is this with the 6pack??
Awsome!!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to guess I'd say there's less than 25 ft lbs difference between 3400 & 5500

- - - Updated - - -

Jim
Is the bottom blue line fuel ratio? Getting lean at higher rpms?

Yes Bad Bee, 6 bbl is on.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to guess I'd say there's less than 25 ft lbs difference between 3400 & 5500

- - - Updated - - -

Jim
Is the bottom blue line fuel ratio? Getting lean at higher rpms?

That is fuel flow not a/f ratio. Still rich on the bottom. 533 lb-ft @ 3,300 and 536 lb-ft @ 5,700. The 6-pack is getting better average torque and horsepower from 3,000-6,000 than the Victor or the RPM. 553 peak torque and 582 horsepower.

I gotta get in touch with SuperFlow. Miserable computer/dyno is still printing the date and time wrong ever since the first of the year. If I shut down for awhile it restarts at 1/1/16. This really was a run from yesterday afternoon.

Tim Borrall 440 078.jpg

Tim Borrall 440 078.jpg

So looks like the 6 bbl will be the best of both worlds. Better bottom end tq & I'll bet buy the time you get done, close to 590 hp. In the words of Hannibal from A-TEAM, " I love it when a plan comes together"!

I told you you'd have All of That and Then Some!!!! Nice WORK JIM, Maybe they'll
be some more Six Packs SOLD!!!!
AWSOME

Did you flow th 6 pack intake before and after porting?

Man I would sure like to have 8 more HP for bragging rights, but I'm not going to kid you, I said in the beginning I was shooting for 550 hp and anything above that was gravy. Well I got gravy, ice cream, & a cherry on top!!!!

Jim, thank you soooo much you are #1 in my book. Oh yeah, Cody too, can't forget him.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumble let me check my thread.

I need to figure out a way to share with my builder.. I am hoping with the extra cubes I can get the same results, just with a little more HP..

I have never seen a torque curve like that. The motor just don't care what rpm it's at.

Rumble I can't find the #s right now but I think the improvement was about 25 cfm.

Auto Transport Service
Back