• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick or Treat: How old is too old?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Just saw 3 young men about 6 ft tall wearing Halloween costumes going door to door begging for free candy (AKA Trick or Treating).

I stopped when I was about 6th or 7th grade.

I'd say if they have real boobs or whiskers they can buy their own candy like everyone else.

What say ye?

That criteria sound about right. They go all night ringing the doorbell past 10 o'clock.

I just make them say trick or treat and them shame them with a comment. They don’t care ether way.

You're never too old!

An old man and his wife were reminiscing about going trick or treating when they were kids. He says how about dressing up in a costume and going this weekend? She says you're crazy. He says nobody would recognize us being all dressed up. She asks what do you have in mind? He thinks awhile and says how about a cow outfit?

So Halloween night He has bought a cow outfit and they put it on. Of course he takes the front half of it. They start through the neighborhood and are starting to really have fun fooling all their neighbors.

It's getting late and they realize they have ventured a bit too far from their house. So the old man comes up with the idea to take a shortcut through a farm near their place. Halfway through the farm they hear a sound like something running towards them. The wife says what's that sound? The old man says it's farmer Joe's bull! She says what are we going to do? He says I'm going to make it look like I'm grazing, you better brace yourself!

cow-polka-dots.gif

Last edited:
I don’t care either way 16 and younger, any older you need to have a younger kid with you.

Just remember- kids who are too old to trick or treat are in the age group who like to throw eggs.
Don't ask how i learned that..

One time many years ago my daughter was dating a boy who lived out in the country. He and his brothers had never trick or treated. I'd say the younger brothers were about 11 and 13. They came to our neighborhood a did a little trick or treating. They were so excited. They got back to the house and laid out all their candy in categories just like we used to do it when we were kids. It was fun to watch!

When I was a kid we had a boozer neighbor who went out with a martini glass trick or treating

Auto Transport Service
Back