• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trim removal question?

Terry Kitzman

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm trying to remove the long aluminum ridge trim piece from My 66. I am having a hell of a time getting this off. It keeps wanting to twist and spread. I just put it on and now have to take it back off. I did use aluminum tape where the clips go. Is there a trick to this? Any tips appreciated.

View attachment 1071891

The factory put aluminum tape on the ridge where the trim clips fasten to the body.

The factory put aluminum tape on the ridge where the trim clips fasten to the body.
Thanks, I have never done a 66-67 Charger. I did take the top edge trim off of one years ago, but don't remember the tape and we were stripping the car so the paint didn't matter. We just ran a metal trim tool under it and when we found a clip we just moved over a little reinserted the tool and pushed it up.

My trim is off right now -- under each clip there's a short inch / inch and a half long piece of aluminum foil. I don't think they had aluminum tape back then.

My trim is off right now -- under each clip there's a short inch / inch and a half long piece of aluminum foil. I don't think they had aluminum tape back then.
I replaced it with the tape, Didn't feel like gluing aluminum foil to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back