• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Lid Alignment

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
I know that there are a few threads on this already I however haven’t been able to identify a solution for me from it.

I do have a slight side to side offset that I need to adjust but the rear lid height to the back deck ( lid to high), has me a kittle stumped. Is there a nominal adjust to the lid I can make? Front to back is where it needs to be.

IMG_0049.jpeg

Your hinge may have been physically bent up. You may have to remove the lid to measure left and right sides to catch a difference. If it is bent, you'll know where to go next.

I just got in the trunk and had my wife hold each end down while I snugged it up. Presto the back is down. Been trying to shove the lid right to bring the left/right gap in but its not moving much. Maybe I need to call Bubba!

image.jpg

either the part on the trunk lid or the part on the rear panel will give you side to side, the other will give you up and down at the rear of the panel........

you got the corners down and lined up?..... if not, loosen the forward bolt and pivot on the rearward bolt; then tighten the front bolt

The body panel alignment on our cars always sucked from day one. Cheap affordable cars for the masses.
Get 'er as close as you can and roll with it. God knows I have spent waaaay to much time trying to get the panels perfect.

Auto Transport Service
Back