• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to confirm if car had wheel lip moldings

oldchevelle541

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Greetings , I am looking at a broadcast sheet for a 1969 Superbee. Car does not have wheel lip moldings on it currently but BS shows a code 6 in the box for wheel lip moldings. Does this suggest car came with these moldings or was it a code for delete.

I may be wrong on this but I believe if the wheel well lips are not drilled for the molding trim screws the it did not have wheel lip moldings. If holes are present it had moldings.

what is the letter and first digit above the box? A Code there means it got something.

If it was a code for delete then every box on the broadcast sheet would have a delete code. There is not radio delete code. It’s just an empty box.

Wheel lip moldings were standard equipment on all 1969 SuperBees. R/T's additionally got lower sill moldings with the lip moldings. RoadRunners never got wheel lip moldings.

Thanks all, broadcast sheet definitely had a 6 in the box for wheel lip moldings. existing holes could have been easily filled during body work or repaint. They dress up the car really nice when installed. I will dig into to this one a little deeper. All responses much appreciated.

what is the letter and first digit above the box? A Code there means it got something.

If it was a code for delete then every box on the broadcast sheet would have a delete code. There is not radio delete code. It’s just an empty box.
Unless it was standard equipment on the car and was deleted by the purchaser. Then it might have a delete code on the BS

Read the sales literature. It says SuperBees come with lip moldings as standard equipment. Yours may have had some weird delete. I know my '69 'Bee had them.

Maybe a change for 70?

Read the sales literature. It says SuperBees come with lip moldings as standard equipment. Yours may have had some weird delete. I know my '69 'Bee had them.
I know what it says. I've been told that I'm full of it more times than I care to remember. My car came with steel wheels and full covers, no ww trim and not even 383 emblems on the fenders.

Here is a pic of mine. Summer of 69 when I was Trailer Trash. Bench seat, 383 4 speed.

SCAN0158.JPG

SCAN0161.JPG

I have learned to never say NEVER with Chrysler, Wayne. A friend of mine ordered his 1970 383 Challenger with 15" Rallye wheels and a rear deck radio aerial. He used to get beat up by the Challenger "experts" all the time. He would just pull out his saved window sheet showing the way it was ordered. LOL
My SuperBee, which was ordered by the dealership as inventory, came with black steel wheels, full 14" Coronet wheel covers, and white wall tires. It looked pretty "dorky" that way, but other included options offset that. Power disc brakes, 3.91 Suregrip, Hemi suspension, H.D. cooling package, RamAir hood, 2-door post coupe in SunFire Yellow.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back