• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI headers

69 GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion on best place (best price) to buy the TTI's?

Chrysler Power - He gives a pretty good discount also claims the design for BB is his lol its cool :)

I recommend an FBBO Vendor. When I bought direct, they seemed annoyed. Good product. Not cheap.

expensive everywhere...interesting I bought a new set with the extra priced ceramic coating for my new build hemi. They state not to use the headers on engine break in as the coating will get damaged. Not being rich or having an engine test stand...and only being able to afford 1 set....I would suggest to others in my exact situation to not get the extra ceramic coating......

HEY TTI.....How about a loaner break in set?

expensive everywhere...interesting I bought a new set with the extra priced ceramic coating for my new build hemi. They state not to use the headers on engine break in as the coating will get damaged. Not being rich or having an engine test stand...and only being able to afford 1 set....I would suggest to others in my exact situation to not get the extra ceramic coating......

HEY TTI.....How about a loaner break in set?

I read that as well. WTH, huh? What difference will that make if breaking the engine in or not? Not like the exhaust is gonna be hotter at first.

I read that as well. WTH, huh? What difference will that make if breaking the engine in or not? Not like the exhaust is

gonna be hotter at first.

Yes, the break in exhaust is much hotter. This has been a problem for years, I have ruined the coatings or paint on many a set of headers. It is common on a engine break in to see some of the tubes get red hod. extra friction, assembly oil, and waiting for rings to seat all add to the problem. Even your finger prints will cause trouble. Sorry, but that is the way it is....

I read that as well. WTH, huh? What difference will that make if breaking the engine in or not? Not like the exhaust is gonna be hotter at first.

What do you mean when saying breaking in??

Reason I ask is that I'm the PROUD owner of a '69 RR 383CI motor with ONLY approx. 2,500 miles on the motor. This is my FIRST MOPAR and I noticed that the motor puts out a LOT OF HEAT. Standing in front of it with the hood up and idling, it was HOT.

I have "hooker super comp headers" on it with 2.5" exhaust and a mild cam. I plan on removing them and getting them ceramic coated.

I guess I probably should wait till I get at least 10,000 miles on the motor first..................

Thanks,
LG,
Mike

Give Bill at Chicago Connection a call.

Dennis is right, they don't like dealing with consumers. That's why they have a certified installer list and distributors to do all the selling for them. The list is on their website.

I bought mine from Mancini and got a good price. I just bought them with the nickel coating the way they come the cheapest without and extra coating.
When they say eng break-in when talking about the headers they just mean when you first fire up the eng and break in the cam (if flat tappet) and get everything set right in the tuneup. They are only talking about the first hr or so of eng run time. Ron

What do you mean when saying breaking in??

Reason I ask is that I'm the PROUD owner of a '69 RR 383CI motor with ONLY approx. 2,500 miles on the motor. This is my FIRST MOPAR and I noticed that the motor puts out a LOT OF HEAT. Standing in front of it with the hood up and idling, it was HOT.

I have "hooker super comp headers" on it with 2.5" exhaust and a mild cam. I plan on removing them and getting them ceramic coated.

I guess I probably should wait till I get at least 10,000 miles on the motor first..................

Thanks,
LG,
Mike

Mike:

Maybe it's like calling a tomato and tomatoe. When they say "Break in" I'm assuming this. My engine was built and "broken in" on the dyno. So, does that make it "broken in"? Or does it mean to drive it for a certain amount of miles to be "broken in"?. Doesn't the manufacturers test drive cars before being shipped?

I want it to be clear, that I'm not in any way trying to "stir the hornets nest". Guess just want someone to clarify this. I didn't think exhaust temps differed from starting up for the first time compared to an engine has miles on it.

Now back to your regular schedule program...lol

I recommend an FBBO Vendor. When I bought direct, they seemed annoyed. Good product. Not cheap.

I must not understand business either. Simple logic tells me that going directly to the source would be faster, cheaper and that there would be fewer mistakes in the order. Each and every time I have tried to order direct, while they are polite, they still had no way to take a credit or debit card order.
They seem to be the 800 lb gorilla though. maybe next time I'll look into Dougs Headers. I hear they have similar quality at 2/3 the price.

I don't think the vendors are allowed to "discount" TTIs pricing, but I have gotten free shipping. That was several years ago, I haven't looked in awhile.
I did get sort of a discount on the TTI exhaust system because they screwed up and sent me a "H" pipe crossover one when I ordered the "X" pipe crossover one.
They discounted the return shipping , and may have discounted the exhaust a bit too (been a long time so I don't recall the exact costs) when I just bought another system unsted of returning the incorrect one.
I was going to need another exhaust system anyway for another project.

It seems they are all dealers and price is set by TTI. I would not buy there coating. I have bought three sets of their headers now and all were coated by them. All three have rusted the very next year. They are guaranteed not to rust right. Yes that is right but you must pay the shipping back to them and back to your self. If you live next to them you are good to go. I am in Canada and it costs way to much to pay that much in shipping. Next time I will get them coated here as I am going to do in the spring with the two year old set I have now.

Auto Transport Service
Back