• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal / Brake Light issue

What happens with the headlights on and nothing else on?
Problem is now either the flasher switch or still could be a weak ground at the tail light housing thus my question with the headlights.

With headlights on - symptoms are the same, as depressing the brake pedal illuminates all of the turn signal lights

NEW ISSUE discovered - I held the brake pedal down steady for 5-10 seconds. All turn signals illuminate and the ones in the dash seem to pulse. Stranger, the gas gauge goes from reading 1/2 to reading 3/4 and then returns to 1/2 slowly when letting up on the pedal. (1/2 tank is a good reading)

All wiring is believed to be original

With just the running lights on, no brake turn signals or flashers, does one or both of the dash turn signal lights come on?

Park lights don't work with or without ignition on. Dash turn signals don't come on with them either.

Work on the park light, and fuel gauge issues and the rest might be sorted out.

the park light issue was fixed easily - the fuse was blown. With the park lights on, the dash turn signals are not illuminated.
I could not replicate the fuel gage issue. Maybe pushing & pulling on all the connectors fixed that.
At the brake switch at the pedal, is the white wire connection closest to the driver seat and the pink wire towards the firewall ? I switched them in both positions and it did not seem to make any difference but I would like to get it correct.
I am thinking that the only place the leakage from the brake circuit could occur that would light all the turn signals would be the flasher switch (as moparmarks said) or the turn signal switch.
Is there a way to access and test the flasher switch ?

Auto Transport Service
Back