• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal dim on driver front.69 Sat. Conv.

Lebete

Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
Only drivers side turn signal. Does not come on with running lights, works, but very dim with signal. Replaced lamp, same result. Help appreciated.

My first guess would be that the housing is not getting a good ground or the socket is not getting a good ground to the housing. Any corrosion inside the socket? A digital voltmeter would tell you what the hot side is getting.

My first guess would be that the housing is not getting a good ground or the socket is not getting a good ground to the housing. Any corrosion inside the socket? A digital voltmeter would tell you what the hot side is getting.
Socket looks ok on the inside. Housing is crusty where it connects to the bumper, guess I’ll pull that and clean up that connection. The socket and where it connects to the housing all look fine. What should vm read? I figured it would just read 12v since it’s lighting when the blinker is on.

Socket looks ok on the inside. Housing is crusty where it connects to the bumper, guess I’ll pull that and clean up that connection. The socket and where it connects to the housing all look fine. What should vm read? I figured it would just read 12v since it’s lighting when the blinker is on.
So the 2 contacts in the housing. Is one for blinker and one for running lights and the ground comes through the housing??? My dumbass figured one was power and the other ground.

So the 2 contacts in the housing. Is one for blinker and one for running lights and the ground comes through the housing??? My dumbass figured one was power and the other ground.
Yes the 2 wires are 12v and grounds through the housing>bumper.
Make sure the bulb is in the correct way.

If the inside of the socket has any corrosion in it, you can get a fairly cheep socket brush at most auto parts stores. A rounded end wire brush with a screwdriver type handle. The contacts should have battery voltage.

Auto Transport Service
Back