• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

two mopar project

zslacker

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
I bought 528 and a 426 hemi from mopar performance way back around 03. This purchase eventually turned into a bad day at black rock for many people. At the time i pulled the numbers matching 383 out of this 69 coronet 500 convertable and installed the 426 P5249667. New paint, interior etc. except i never changed the 323 side shooter. Burnouts in a hemi car without a suregrip. Ha! I sold the car where it sat indoors until this time. The owner put less than 100 miles on the car, it is pretty much exactly as it was when he took possesion of it. I was able to buy the car back last month. I really hate this convertable. It seems to have a curse about it that creates havoc if you catch a whiff if its ill nature. If any car guy has had a bad time with a particular vehicle then you know what i mean. It wants to relentlessly battle you every inch of the way. I am going to pull the hemi out and swap it with the six pack in my 70 charger then send it on its way. The 70 charger was a 318 car. It now has a 727 hemi automatic and a dana 60 with the correct leaf springs out of a badly wrecked super track pack car. I dont suppose the swap will take long since everything is in very good shape and will interchage and both cars are running and driving. Once the convertable is gone i can get back to my 71 hellcat project

IMG_1833 2.JPG IMG_1834.JPG IMG_1601.jpg IMG_1838.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back