• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two quick underhood questions :

Sputnik

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
My 73 is very original and appears untouched - two questions :

1) My power booster is black vs cadmium , but appears original as it has the "Mopar 43" decal still in place - were some cad and some black ?

2) Beep beep horns are black, not purple ...... are they wrong ?

Thanks - should have her complete by summer's end !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTcFdn7LhE

The original booster would have been cadmium. That black one is a dealer replacement. Have had a few myself.
73/4 RR horns are black.

My 73 has the purple horns, actually just got done restoring them. Brake booster cadmium gold. Just got that done also.

Attachments

• Brake booster comp small.jpg
    Brake booster comp small.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 233
  • Horn Comp1small.jpg
    Horn Comp1small.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 246
10-4 , I just repainted the booster black and will fly with that for now , thanks guys ..... doubt I'll ever go to the cadmium now that I think about it , what a bear to remove (for us older guys) ..... once it's back on , she stays ....

Wayne Brown, the Ramman.com did my booster. When I get some time I hope to post the horn rebuild process as well for anyone interested.

My 73 has the purple horns, actually just got done restoring them. Brake booster cadmium gold. Just got that done also.

do you have two meep meep horns ? anyone have two ? If so does two sound better than one ? thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back