• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UAW/Chrysler Sell-Out!!!

scotts74birds

Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Well, its official. The UAW International got the vote that THEY wanted! All the senior production employees [tier 1], and all the new hires [tier 2] got to vote. It still only passed at my plant with 58% of the production brothers. This contract gave nothing to T1 folks, and $5 to T2 folks. Tier 2 folks are limited to 25% of membership. Skilled Trades [ME] also has a vote, and we soundly voted it down! [We know how to do math!]. So the International UAW says why is this, and in 1 day!, they say skilled trades voted it down for economic reasons! We voted NO due to work conditions, sending skilled work to production, lines of demarcation, combining of trades. But the International decided that trades were just "malcontents" and nullified our vote!!!! Under the by-laws, they could do that if it was over money, BUT IT WASNT!!! And they say they did a study....And found this out OVERNIGHT???? ****-you General Holiefield!!! You have over 20!!!! relatives working for Chrysler!! And your girlfriends too! Douchebag!!! This aint over yet!!! Dont let the Avatar fool you bitch!

Oh, and by the way, they wanted to make sure the contract was agreed upon BEFORE they announced the $230 million dollar profit for this fiscal quarter today!!! UAW INTERNATIONAL is in BED with Sergio! They did WHATEVER THEY HAD TO TO GET THIS DONE BEFORE THE MANDATORY FISCAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!! Even if it meant violating the constitution of the UAW, and the TRUST of its members! There is a "special" place in HELL for you Mr. Holiefield!

Ya i hear ya,this contract screwed the Canadian Auto worker also.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that most of you aren't UAW members, or live in the Detroit area. Here's another bit of info about our "elected by the International" but not by the proletariat. General Holiefield was arrested earlier this year on spousal abuse charges!!! This has been well-suppressed by the local papers, but we in the know, and my DPD [Detroit Police Department] friends know the truth! Mr Holiefield, you should step aside your office while under these charges! You are no longer effective, or have the support of the membership!! Bob King, where are you on this? Hellooo, Bob? Make a stand sir! Stand by him, or distance yourself! The longer you wait, the more complicit you seem!

The beginning of the end. You guys should start looking elsewhere.

Sergio ,wanted to make sure they settled with the UAW ,before the CAW,he,s trickey

I'd like to know what their contributions were/are to the demoncratic party.....

Glad I work for a non-union company.

20 years for me and not 1 layoff.

1st-in, 1st out dispatch and you pick your load.

2 or 3 union companies have lost contracts and gone under because of somebody unwiilling to take a small temporary cut in pay.

Yes your correct,but dont forget ,Companys created unions ,they always didnt treat there workers very well

Glad I work for a non-union company.

20 years for me and not 1 layoff.

1st-in, 1st out dispatch and you pick your load.

2 or 3 union companies have lost contracts and gone under because of somebody unwiilling to take a small temporary cut in pay.
Good companies with good management does NOT need a union.....that said, I worked 5 years for ARMCO steel and we had a no strike clause in our contract then I hired on at Exxon and stayed there for 26 years and every time strike talk was in the air, I lobbied against it. Most would change their minds after hearing some facts about what can and did happen at other companies that their unions went on strike. A union is only as good as it's people and it's leaders. If you let the leaders do what they want, they you usually end up with a lousy union. Safety issues and getting blamed for crap that I didn't do was the main reason that I stayed a member. I felt ARMCO Houston works was a good place to work and had good bosses for but Exxon on the other hand would hammer you if they felt like they could get away with it and a couple tried. I'm glad to be out of there!

Back in the 1980s the union at International Harvester in Fort Wayne, Indiana wanted to strike. the company said they could not handle a strike and if the union struck they would shut the plant down. The union decided to call their bluff. IH shut the plant down and moved all manufacturing operations to Ohio, a two and 1/2 hour drive from Fort Wayne.

Benji

Everything has its pro,s and cons,my wife worked at Champion spark plug ,and they moved there operations to another country. Champion said if they worked for free they werent staying.

Everything has its pro,s and cons,my wife worked at Champion spark plug ,and they moved there operations to another country. Champion said if they worked for free they werent staying.

Probably because of too many government regulations and greenies who think we must save the earth.

Ben

That's why I hate unions, it ain't about the workers, it's about the unions and most of 'em are in bed with management.

I was a Teamster many years ago. The company (importer of lab equipment) decided one year that they were going to go to summer hours. 1/2 hour early, 1/2 hour late, Mon. thru Thu. and then we bail at lunchtime on Friday. Everyone went wild except the union. They claimed that we were 'getting screwed' out of our 10 minute afternoon break on Fridays and we wound up going on strike for a week as a result. The company 'caved in' and let us leave at 11:50 on Fridays instead. So, I lost a weeks pay for what amounted to 1 hr. and 20 minutes worth of break time. All the RAH RAH RAH UNION a-holes were cheering over our 'victory'!!!

Turns out the company was actually a bit slow at the time. Rumor had it that the company and the union were in it together to get us to take a week off without pay. Sounds plausable and I'm sure our union 'leaders' lined their own pockets in the process.

Back in the 70s I worked a factory job summers to pay my way thru school. It was an "open shop" on paper, but if you didn't join the union the steward had a talk with you about the advantages of union membership. If that didn't work, they sent three union reps to talk to you, and two of them were nothing but thugs. If that didn't work, tires slashed and windshields broken. The VP of the local got off his murder rap but did get convicted of illegally using union funds to buy three identical rings - one for his wife, one for each of his mistresses.

Back in 1993 or 94, the union wanted us to sign up and vote them in. I asked one of the reps how the union would effect my amount of work compared to the older drivers.
The company always dispatched on 1st in-1st out.
He stated the older drivers would pick their load based on seniority. I said that even though I got back 5 hours before the senior man, I would have to wait for the senior man to get back and pick?

I think the killer was the boss called everybody in and reminded them that his way was the best, everybody had a shot at the best loads and everybody sometimes got stuck with the crap loads.
And he flat out told them that he treated us much more fairly than union rules and if the union was voted in, it would be a vote of no confidence in his way of running his business and he would just shut the company down or the drivers could buy the whole company from him for cash and run it themselves.
Less than 3% voted for the union and they lasted about 6 months and then went to some union car haulers that later went under.

I recently was traveling from Phoenix AZ to Northern CA on the I5 when I glanced over at a bumper sticker that really confused me. It said something to the effect of, "Vote and Work Union...Live a Better Life." OK...Let me see if I get this right. You Vote or Work "Union" so you can have your wages taken or extorted from you so that the Union can then bribe and influence Lobby's and other Political interests, so that the elected Government and Leaders can turn around and raise taxes and ram little producing Bills down our throats, etc. And then have the balls to say one will live better if they are Union??? The logic doesn't make sense to me. I firmly believe in the Right to Work over Unions. They are Dinosaurs that have out lived their usefulness and filled with nothing more than Extortionists, Thieves, and Thugs. And they are imbedded in every facet of the working environment. Try and convince me otherwise but I am firm in my reasoning and will never see the value of Unions, period....

I thought Obama was going to fix all this. First thing he did was freeze any raises on the people who could afford it the least, S.S. folks on fixed income. OK let the flaming begin.

Auto Transport Service
Back