• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UFOs and a ‘63 B Body

wagonwedge330

Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
1FE36774-413B-434A-A1C0-37B8830B5C95.jpeg
Sargent Lonnie Zamora was patrolling Highway #1 in Socorro, NM in April 1964 when he sees a large object flying above his patrol car. When he calls in to explain what he sees, the UFO begins to speed away and the Sargent gives chase. In order to keep up with the UFO, Sargent Zamora is driving his police cruiser at a high rate of speed. As others witness what’s happening they call the police station to report what they’ve seen as the Sargent keeps chasing the craft, when suddenly the UFO veers off from path of the Highway, flying over the un developed desert area. This however doesn’t stop Sargent Zamora, he continues to pursue the object, and steers his cruiser onto the rough desert terrain pressing on in hot pursuit of the UFO. When the object suddenly stops, it hovers just above a gully caused by hard rains a few days earlier. The Sargent stops, exits the cruiser, the UFO shoots out a red fireball and departs straight up and disappears. This is a photo of Sargent Zamora’s 1963 Dodge 330 Police Cruiser! How cool are these early BBodies....? ....

Last edited:
Cool photo! Wonder what motor the cruiser had? If only that UFO event could be explained. Always been fascinated by sci-fi and seems like 50+ years later we know nothing more than we did back when. What I always found curious is does the universe have an 'end' much less a beginning? Planets that would take 1000 years to reach at the speed of light...incredible to me guys. Yep - what's 'out there'?

I found the photo while watching a moment of a documentary I was recording a few days ago, I took a break from working my ‘63 Polara transmission issue, (I posted about too), I walked in the house from the garage, and there’s the ‘63 Dodge 330 I suppose and the story of the most documented cases, which is this one in New Mexico, and the Sargent who chased the UFO in 1964! I obviously excited an early B Body successfully chased a UFO .....
But I went back later watched it, but it’s main focus is on what is it that is so detrimental to the security of the U.S. and how could it destroy our way of life? It sorta begins with post WWI the numbers of reports of sightings of UFOs or Alien looking people, our Government had to appoint several committees to conceal all this information. Sadly, there’s been to many good people’s lives ruined, fired, discredited, sent to psychiatric wards, treated horribly, after coming forward. There are so many commercial airline pilots who’ve witnessed flying saucers, ufos, etc, that American Airlines (and others eventually), had a separate contract, that stated immediate dismissal of any such reports were made.
It covered how Truman began the “men in black” to cover it up, but after Eisenhower, it became a special operation within the CIA which still operates today.

Last edited:
The TRUTH is out there...

It probably goes without saying how much Chrysler Corp contributed to the space race and War efforts....it took a MoPar to get us into space!

Yeah - shudder to think what my car life would a been like without Chrysler Corporation...being a mopar nut! I loved my GTO's dearly, but, what IS it about mopars that are special? Who knows? I grew up in a GM / Ford family as the youngest and took a load a chit when I drove in the driveway in my '70 Cuda vert (wish I still had)! And my dear departed big-motor dad never minded driving it every so often. lol

Yeah - shudder to think what my car life would a been like without Chrysler Corporation...being a mopar nut! I loved my GTO's dearly, but, what IS it about mopars that are special? Who knows? I grew up in a GM / Ford family as the youngest and took a load a chit when I drove in the driveway in my '70 Cuda vert (wish I still had)! And my dear departed big-motor dad never minded driving it every so often. lol
Ron, I hear you man, I too had a couple Ponchos, among a few others I wish I had back, a 71 Buick GS Stage I, ‘67 R/T, come to mind. I bought & sold my share of Fords & Chevrolets too with the help of my dad & grandpa, my plan was to save up buy a used Mope when I found the right one, my cousins, Uncles, our neighbors always drove MoPars. I used to hear people speak about the local MoPar dealer being down to earth, do anything to help people get the right vehicle, but hated both GM dealers as they catered the wealthy, (funny how people saw things in small towns back then), the Ford dealership moved four or five different locals from 1966 through 1977, changing owners every other year which made people wonder about them.
By the way, I appreciated your input on my transmission issue (63 Polara Convertible), I do believe your thoughts & information on the detent, is in fact the problem. I’m swapping the detent rod, brackets, while I’m in the process of a carb swap poss intake swap as well, but I will keep you posted!

Last edited:
Ron, I hear you man, I too had a couple Ponchos, among a few others I wish I had back, a 71 Buick GS Stage I, ‘67 R/T, come to mind. I bought & sold my share of Fords & Chevrolets too with the help of my dad & grandpa, my plan was to save up buy a used Mope when I found the right one, my cousins, Uncles, our neighbors always drove MoPars. I used to hear people speak about the local MoPar dealer being down to earth, do anything to help people get the right vehicle, but hated both GM dealers as they catered the wealthy, (funny how people saw things in small towns back then), the Ford dealership moved four or five different locals from 1966 through 1977, changing owners every other year which made people wonder about them.
By the way, I appreciated your input on my transmission issue (63 Polara Convertible), I do believe your thoughts & information on the detent, is in fact the problem. I’m swapping the detent rod, brackets, while I’m in the process of a carb swap poss intake swap as well, but I will keep you posted!
Not to throw off your post; but your car dealer stories remind me of some dealers in my area as well. One was so incredible it is hard to believe, actually couple more having to do with our largest GM dealership that had been around for years. The owner was one piece of work. Some in my area having been around for a while would likely know who I’m talking about. Long stories. I should create a thread on it for grins.

Best of luck with your trans and will be great to hear how you worked it out.

Not to throw off your post; but your car dealer stories remind me of some dealers in my area as well. One was so incredible it is hard to believe, actually couple more having to do with our largest GM dealership that had been around for years. The owner was one piece of work. Some in my area having been around for a while would likely know who I’m talking about. Long stories. I should create a thread on it for grins.

Best of luck with your trans and will be great to hear how you worked it out.
I bet most everyone has a good dealership story lol....It’s a shame dealerships, among everything else has gone to hell....It’s funny how many times I find myself saying the same things my parents would say....

My brother worked at a few dealerships starting out in the parts dept then as a mechanic. He got into ample trouble with the police losing his license more than once with his GTO's. As all that police 'connection' evolved, he got to be friends with some of them. As our PD got their squads from the dealer he was with, he demoed his engine skills tricking them up for more speed that the cops found cool. Eventually he got peeved with the pay structure working on cars and entered the NG - military police and became a cop now retired. He would get pissed at me years later telling his sons a story or two about their dad back in the day. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back