• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost My Best Bud Last Week

ocdart

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
I had to say 'goodbye' to my best buddy, Brady, last Tuesday due to kidney failure caused by old age. He was 12 and had been my 'Best Bud' for the past 10+ years since we got him as a rescue.
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are extremely loyal to the family but they'll pick out a single person in the "pack" and be their dog more than the others.
Brady was the 3rd Ridgeback we've had and each one picked a different person.
Now each of us has someone waiting for us at the 'Rainbow Bridge':
'Rocky' (our 1st) is waiting for my daughter
'Toby' (our 2nd) is waiting for my son
And now that the kids are all grown and on their own, 'Brady' is waiting for me.

The Rainbow Bridge
(author unknown)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

RIP . . . Rocky, Toby, and Brady . . .

I feel for your loss . . .

so sorry for your loss........ I get it, I love my dogs more than anything

It's never easy......sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss ocdart.
We love our dogs more than most people here. I've lost one of pals last month and another of my buddies is 12 and showing much wear.
It never gets any easier, and our friends are irreparable, but hopefully you are willing to rescue another pal. Because it does help.
Feel free to post some pictures of good times..

We are sorry for your loss. We have lost so many that when our day comes we will have a herd to accompany us on our way.

deepest sympathies from our home of Fuzzy-kids.

Sorry for your loss. It will get better with time , been there myself. The good memory's will always be with you.

It is always tough to see them pass on. They enrich our lives for a short time (to us) but they had their full life because of us. We feel the pain when they pass but they had a life we all hope for.
The blessing for them is that they don't have to feel pain and grief of loss that we feel.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your furry friend. It'll be easier as time goes on but you never get over them. I don't believe that I've heard of the rainbow bridge before but I know Mocha is waiting there for my wife.

Sorry Ocdart for the loss of your best friend, Ridgebacks are great dogs . my neighbor has a male 7 year old named Brody just cam down with degenerative myelopathy. he's a gentle giant. unconditional love is all our dogs know for us and us them.

Ocdart we remember all of them. I'm 68 and had/lost way too many! The good memories all come back at odd times; all they care is you love them as much as they loved you.

Auto Transport Service
Back