• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unbelievable: Sold car now he want's his money back

I agree.
Also, why post about it here if you were just going to go ahead and do it anyway?
My Exact thoughts, I am still waiting to hear how much money the car sold for. O/P Clammed up on that aspect.

I’ll be at Hershey.
Shave your head and wear military attire......approach the guy and make him choke. :lol:

If this idiot that bought the car bought it to resell.....he's a bigger dork than we all realise. Either he bought to speculate on an old car (not meaning to run the car down here) - or he bought to order for someone, and that guy didn't like what he saw.

Either way, the purchaser is an idiot, and most of us don't have time to waste for idiots.

I know but I believe I also saw a few cars for sale in the swap quite a few times while walking... So it might not be in that "section"..
The guy could be in the swap area with some printed photos on a board. Gets to advertise the car, not deal with having to haul it there, doesn;t have to give up his swap spot to use a car sale spot, etc.
Again, this guy might be as nice as OP. But it is very easy to put together reasons why he might not be.

Why not the OP PM the guys here who are going to Hershey and give them the guy's name. You can then use the program to find his listed vendor spot, be it swap section or cars for sale, and go from there. Again, just my $0.02. I'm not real clear on this, was the buyer" saying he'll bring the car back after Hershey on his way back from Hershey? If that's what he's saying, then I would definitely have someone who is going to Hershey (PM them a pic of the car and some identifying info) look him up. If he says he's going to bring it by after Hershey, but not taking it to Hershey, and a "bloodhound sees the car at Hershey, then I'd tell him to go pound sand. If he has said he is taking it to Hershy and dropping it on the way back, I'd would definitely tell him to go pound sand. There are too many things wrong about this deal.

Next time it might be a good idea to have both buyer/seller go down to DMV together and get it transferred: that's what I did in Fresno, CA when I purchased a '71 Satellite Sebring Plus. Only weird thing was the seller went to the DMV in his pajamas for some reason. I said OK by me.

Make sure he didn’t do a LS swap or taking off any parts.
:lol:

IMG_5384.gif

Next time it might be a good idea to have both buyer/seller go down to DMV together and get it transferred: that's what I did in Fresno, CA when I purchased a '71 Satellite Sebring Plus. Only weird thing was the seller went to the DMV in his pajamas for some reason. I said OK by me.
He must have been planning to call into Walmart on the way home afterwards. :lol:

Why not the OP PM the guys here who are going to Hershey and give them the guy's name. You can then use the program to find his listed vendor spot, be it swap section or cars for sale, and go from there. Again, just my $0.02. I'm not real clear on this, was the buyer" saying he'll bring the car back after Hershey on his way back from Hershey? If that's what he's saying, then I would definitely have someone who is going to Hershey (PM them a pic of the car and some identifying info) look him up. If he says he's going to bring it by after Hershey, but not taking it to Hershey, and a "bloodhound sees the car at Hershey, then I'd tell him to go pound sand. If he has said he is taking it to Hershy and dropping it on the way back, I'd would definitely tell him to go pound sand. There are too many things wrong about this deal.
That car will stand out for sure ESPECIALLY since Hershey is not far from York so locals may know it..

With the OP apparently ignoring 10 pages of 'don't do it', I'm wondering why OP posted at all. If the 2/4 door shows up at Hershey, will OP still take it back?

With the OP apparently ignoring 10 pages of 'don't do it', I'm wondering why OP posted at all. If the 2/4 door shows up at Hershey, will OP still take it back?
Some people don't want your opinions. They want YOUR VOICE speaking their own opinions.

the sale is final, regardless; used cars are buyer beware......... that being said, do we know the entire history of the car? could the new owner have discovered a major collision repair performed at some point? leading him to believe the 2/4 door thing? ........ not that it matters, he looked it over for an hour with help; bought it, and took it 2 states away for a matter of weeks ........ I would have motored through most of that money before he got to Ohio; can't get blood from a rock :blah:

Have you heard the stories about guys renting Home Depot trucks and swapping the engines?

Yea,Something really stinks like **** about this whole deal. I guess we have to wait til Oct.11 to hear what was Removed/Wrecked from the car. Then start this Horse **** thread all over again. Me thinks the O/P will be on the Short end of the stick.Just Sayin'

I think Steve has made his decision. No point in the audience second guessing it. Hope the car is in the same shape as when it left your garage and needs nothing other than minor repairs to get it running again. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back