• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

universal ex. kits ?

blazer 2010

Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used a universal exhaust kit,I have a 67 belv. and want to change the single rusty ex. to duals,they quoted me 800.00 with no mufflers at a shop,too much for me today.A nice kit is about 259.00 and I have the time.

A kit could work but I've never used one. Instead, I've made my own and have a shop bend what I need. So far so good over the years. Depending on tube size, you should be able to find stock type over the axle bends. It's been years since I've looked for any so I'm not sure what's available anymore....but once you got the axle covered, the rest really isn't too hard. As for mufflers....if you really hate your neighbors, run straights! :D Actually, you can make a straight system sound pretty good if you know how.

as long as you can save the flanges at the manifolds its not too bad.that is assuming you now your stuff with the welder.lots of tack welding for test fitment and you need a way to cut the pipe as well.just time consuming.

as long as you can save the flanges at the manifolds its not too bad.that is assuming you now your stuff with the welder.lots of tack welding for test fitment and you need a way to cut the pipe as well.just time consuming.
When it comes to spending 800 bucks on exhaust, I got the time! lol

Don't know what you have for an engine, but a single exhaust system can work well too. Depending on your needs, a 2 into 1 with a 3" pipe after the merge can and does work well and helps give that sleeper look too. If you do that, just keep the bends to a minimum and make a long merge vs a factory style type merge. Factory 90 degree bends suck....

Auto Transport Service
Back